“Stay Far Away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Ellicott City MD
“Stay Far Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Let me begin by stating, I would have written this review early but was waiting for some type of response back from my satisfaction suvey that Choice Hotels/Comfort Suites had emailed me. This is our third stay at this location and the facility has detoriated. It has a terrible musty odor, the furnitue in the room looks shabby. In general the whole appearance of the hotel is not pleasant. In contrast the staff were very friendly and helpful. My biggest complaint regarding my stay was, the hotel was and is advertised as a no pet hotel. However when we arrived, the hotel was hosting a "sugarglider" (sugargliders are small marsupials)convention. The animals were everywhere, in the bar crawling on tables and chairs. They also were loose on the floor in public areas. What was most disturbing, is the the bar area also serves as the site for the breakfast service. This practice was unsanitary and quite disturbing to my family and I. Upon check out I voiced my concern and complaint to the front desk clerk. She listened to my concerns and advised me I would hear from the general manager, that was four months ago still wating for a response from the general manager or the corporate office.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Davenport, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Comaped to other properties we stay at people were friendly but coffee and hot water were empty at mid day. The carpets and furniture were old and worn. The bathroom was clean but very tired looking. The area was beautiful and well kept. I wish the rest of the hotel had been updated. We are choice members and visit many properties up and down the east coast.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We ended up staying here after checking into a Comfort Inn on A1A in St. Augustine and finding it full of roaches. This hotel was great, very clean, very nice staff, great rooms, breakfast was great. We even went for a walk after breakfast as we were wasting time until we could check into our condo and the grounds were beautiful. Our kids loved throwing pennies in the fountain in the lobby. Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dunnellon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Hotel was OK, but across the interstate from The World Golf Village in a remote area. Room was dirty, but we got upgraded after complaining. No restaurant and not close to any decent ones. The staff was very diligent in taking care of our complaints. The breakfast was just OK, not anything to brag about.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amelia Island, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The price is the only thing going for this hotel...and that's because the hotel may be empty. The building is falling apart, the halls and rooms smell musty and sour. Not the quality you'd expect from Comfort Suites. The grounds were not maintained and the front of the hotel was overrun with weeds. This hotel is OFF my list permanently and has jeopardized any future stay at a Comfort Suites or any Choice Hotel for that matter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites at World Golf Village for 2 days. We have a dog and it is hard to find hotels that are pet friendly and really nice. This hotel does not charge a pet fee which is great because if you go to other hotel chains they charge a pet fee of 10 dollars to 25 dollars. The staff was so friendly and kind. The breakfast is a full breakfast bar. There is an indoor and outdoor pool. The suites were comfortable and clean. It is a great value and it is quiet. It is truly a hidden jewel. It is right off of I-95 and the only drawback is that it is 16 miles from Historic St. Augustine but honestly the hotel is really not that far from Historic St. Augustine. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I took my 3 children for a "getaway" weekend a couple of weeks ago, and found that this place was great; they have an outdoor and indoor pool (what a great asset), and the staff was very friendly and very helpful. Can't wait to go back hopefully in a few months!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites at the World Golf Village? Share your experiences!