“A hidden jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #53 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
“A hidden jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites at World Golf Village for 2 days. We have a dog and it is hard to find hotels that are pet friendly and really nice. This hotel does not charge a pet fee which is great because if you go to other hotel chains they charge a pet fee of 10 dollars to 25 dollars. The staff was so friendly and kind. The breakfast is a full breakfast bar. There is an indoor and outdoor pool. The suites were comfortable and clean. It is a great value and it is quiet. It is truly a hidden jewel. It is right off of I-95 and the only drawback is that it is 16 miles from Historic St. Augustine but honestly the hotel is really not that far from Historic St. Augustine. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I took my 3 children for a "getaway" weekend a couple of weeks ago, and found that this place was great; they have an outdoor and indoor pool (what a great asset), and the staff was very friendly and very helpful. Can't wait to go back hopefully in a few months!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I really love St. Augustine. This is our 2nd year in a row to visit. This hotel appeared to be nice from the outside. We got an early check-in. As we got off the elevator on the 3rd floor, there was an odor. We stepped into the room and it was a stronger odor.. The room felt damp. We asked to change rooms and it was about a 30 min wait and they sent us down the hall to a room that smelled like they tried to mask the odor with fragrant spray. We settled for that room. Each morning we would wake to a very damp and musty smell.
The breakfast was really good! Waffles, gravy, biscuits and fruit. That was the highlight of the hotel. I took the elevator to the 4th floor and the smell was not as strong there. The rest of the hotel smelled fine. My girls loved the outdoor and indoor pools.

Hollister,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Me and my family have stayed here a few nights every year. Genie and the team are very family friendly. Amenities are next to none. With both an indoor & outdoor pool kids can swim regardless of weather (such a blessing). Hot full breakfast is great with young kids to sleep in and swim before heading out to daily activities(beaches,golf,museums, & outlet shopping). July 3rd fireworks @ the World Golf Villiage are a must, and the kids can enjoy them from pool side or the window of your own room not allowing bad weather or travel to hamper the entertainment. On site is a lake where fishing is welcomed allowing dad to try out his tackle from the near by Gander Mountain and Prime Outlet Mall. No teams running in the halls, or kids holding elevators here, just good genuine service. I would and do recommend this hotel to anyone. Whether a night to get away,or stopping on travel, you won't find a better value anywhere.

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Friendly staff, nice hotel. Room was clean and large. However, we did book a "king" bed room. We were in room 108, and this room is DEFINITELY not a king bed. Front desk offered to switch our room, but we had already unpacked and showered. We did get a roll-a-way (no cost) for the second night. The area is pretty and close to the outlet malls and downtown St. Augustine. The breakfast was hot (eggs, bacon, sausage, make your own waffles) and also had cereal, fruit, and the usual breads/pastries. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglas, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I realize this is an old hotel and I stayed here many years ago and remember it being much better, but I'm sitting in my room with my family right now 10pm at night and wishing I'd stayed elsewhere. The room was clean and personnel at the front desk were nice, but that is about as positive as it gets. The room smelled musty and worst of all the beds and furniture felt damp. I stay at many Comfort Suites throughout the South East and expect better than this. They also do not have wireless internet on any floor other than the first floor. Can you believe this? Luckily they do have wired internet which is allowing me to plug in and write this review tonight in hopes it helps someone decide on a place to stay. I was swayed into staying here tonight because there was a lot of recent positive reviews, but I feel this hotel has more positive reviews than it should. I haven't ate breakfast yet here, and don't plan to as there are some decent restaurants one exit south such as Cracker Barrel, Denny's, and IHOP. The Pool outside is big and the scenery is nice too, but the management needs to work on the room smell and dampness feeling of the rooms. Maybe I got a bad room, but I doubt it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't smell or isn't damp feeling.