“Decent hotel but outdated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Historic

You added Quality Inn Historic to your Saves list
Quality Inn Historic
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 North Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #52 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Cairo, Georgia
“Decent hotel but outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Quality Inn Historic in St. Augustine while exploring the Florida East Coast Railway. Check-in took way too long because there was only one person working the desk and there were multiple families ahead of me. When it was my turn to check in I asked for a room facing the tracks but was told my room had been assigned and could not be changed because the hotel was booked. At that time a lady behind me said I could have her room as she would not stay in a room that smelled badly. I declined and stayed with the room assigned and glad I did! The room was outdated and showing its age badly but was reasonably clean. Heater worked well and did not make a terrible noise like so many do. My friend and I had no problems with sleep quality in our room. Breakfast was a joke; very little variety and crowded conditions. I settled for cold cereal and orange juice which I took to the room. The orange juice was water with orange food coloring and could not be consumed. To counter a few negatives there was one big positive...the friendliness of the staff. Everyone I encountered during my stay were extremely nice and helpful. Would I recommend this hotel to someone else? Probably not. There have got to be better choices in St. Augustine but the Quality Inn did suffice for a quick stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel face the Florida East Coast Railway which runs about 10-15 train...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was in St. Augustine from 3/19 - 3/21 for a visit with my daughters to explore the history of St. Augustine. It is hard to find a good hotel that is kid friendly close to the center of town in St Augustine that can accommodate a large group. The Quality Inn Historic is that hotel. From the minute we arrived with our name on the Marque welcoming us, till we left everything was perfect. All staff is friendly and professional from the front desk to the cleaning staff. We had a nice clean, spacious pool side room in the front of the building. The complimentary breakfast was great, including the sweet gentlemen and women who assist by making waffles and spreading joy. I asked for a later check out time, which was granted without hesitation. Highly recommend this hotel for any trip to St. Augustine....Also included in our $107 night stay was a 3 day Red Train Sightseeing train pass and $20.00 in gift cards for Zaxby's Chicken.....love the Choice Hotel Chains, would stay here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the front of the building, although the view in the back faces a beautiful mar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We spent two nights in St Augustine at the Quality Inn. The manager, Fred, was the greatest 'host'! He personally made sure that everything was up to expectations, and on the Sunday morning, he was in the breakfast room, actually making the waffles and delivering them to tables, with a cheerful greeting for everyone. That was definitely 'above and beyond', along with the delicious Florida oranges available in the lobby. The hotel itself is a little dated, but scrupulously clean, and well appointed. The location suited us, because we like to walk...and yet, nothing we wanted was too far! As a bonus, the price was right. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

For all of the people that want to stay in st augustine FL and dont want a expensive hotel in the middle of the historic district, this is a very good choice, it is 20 minutes walking from the historic center, the rooms are really clean, and the service is great, if you are lucky you may meet a waiter doing waffles in the morning who is a nice chatter and very friendly gentleman and at the end happens that he is the director of the hotel :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel was clean and simple. It had everything I needed for my weekend in St. Augustine. The staff in the lobby was extremely friendly. It was very close to all of the historic attractions of the town. We will stay here again on out next trip to St Augustine. Great price, great location :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I made last minute reservations for a long weekend in St. Augustine. We checked in & went to our room to drop off our bags, as we wanted to go explore the downtown area. The room smelled musty, there were stains all over the carpet, and the bathroom was filthy and moldy. And to top it all off, there's a lovely envelope sitting on the desk asking for a tip for the cleaning staff. Will never stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Historic, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry for failing to meet your expectations on your recent stay at our hotel. I would be happy to report renovating is a constant work in progress in the historic district. We do try as a team to maintain all the rooms and we are currently replacing all the carpeting in every room which will be completed in the next few months. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit and would love if you would contact me direct on your next stay. 904.824.5554

Marielena Scibelli
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel is quite exceptional compared to other hotels in the price range. Clean rooms, great staff, awesome breakfast and the management has a good pulse on the needs of the customer. An overall wonderful hotel. The only complaint I could see one having would be the train that passes at the rear of the building although customers are made aware of this before there purchase.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Historic? Share your experiences!