“Poor motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Historic

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Historic to your Saves list
Quality Inn Historic
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 North Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 75 hotels in Saint Augustine
Jupiter, Florida
“Poor motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you are looking for a clean and quiet place to stay look somewhere else, the only thing this place has going for it is the staff, all of them have been very friendly and helpful, however they did not tell us that a train goes by the room (approx 25 yards away) every two hours or so after 11pm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My fiance and I decided to head to St. Augustine kind of last minute and this was one of the only hotels that had vacancy. First of all, you know what your getting with this type of hotel and you just hope that you can deal with it. The appearance of the hotel itself isn't great but not too terrible. There are no elevators so if you have a room on the second floor be prepared to hike your luggage up the stairs. The room wasn't that big but was kind of musty and old feeling. The bathroom was probably the worst part about the stay. It was very outdated, chipped tiles and terrible water pressure. The best part about the room was that the bed was comfortable. And before I forget, if you are not used to the sound of trains then ask for a room that is closest to the road. The back of the hotel is right on the train tracks and its so close that it rattles the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were checking in this week and were very excited upon arrival the man at the front desk handed us our paperwork. We had used one credit card to make the reservation and when we arrived we wanted to put the actual payment on another the front desk already had our paperwork printed up and ran our other card We told him we wanted to switch it and he refused and said it had to be this because that was the card they had in the computer and they run them in the morning on arrival day, being our first problem because on the phone they said we can switch things... Then we found out we were on the second floor ( again when I called they sad we can request 1st upon arrival) I explained my husband is handicapped and we needed the first floor the desk clerk continued to say the rooms were all assigned and couldn't do anything about it. WE were astonished assigned? so switch one they weren't checked in... We even showed him our handicap sticker and he refused so we refused to stay such a shame they have such an unpleasant man working there front desk I can't imagine how much business they loose with him there. We won't be back and if you were smart neither will you. How Dare you not accommodate elderly like that I am speechless. MY husband was injured in the Military and felt very bad all weekend SHAME ON YOU! Oh and our card was frozen all weekend waiting for the return of our funds. What a disappointment we booked months in advance and they wouldn't accommodate us NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: WE went across the street to Holiday Inn Express with elevators and friendly front desk staff!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Abingdon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Rooms smell, very run down. I actually feel bad for the front desk lady, wondering how/why she would work for such a disgusting hotel. She didn't appear to be stupid. Upon seeing the room, I had to go back to her and tell her we couldn't stay. We travel often, and have no trouble staying in budget friendly hotels, but this place isn't even budget friendly. Additionally, it claims to be in the Historic District. It isn't. You have to pay a taxi $20 each way into town, or risk driving yourself and circling crowded pedestrian streets in order to pay $10 for parking and walk through dark alley ways with sketchy people loitering about to find restaurants. I'd recommend only visiting St Augustine during the day in winter and stay in Ormond or Daytona instead, for half the price and triple the quality of room.

• Stayed June 2013
Quality Inn H, Manager at Quality Inn Historic, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Cathirun, thanks for your comments. We're sorry that the guest room you saw didn't meet your expectations on this occasion and that we didn't have the opportunity to investigate in order to place you somewhere in our hotel better suited to your needs & expectations. We are located just 0.9 miles to the City Gates of the Historic District and so it is possible walk to the center in around 10 minutes (driving takes 3 mins) - unless of course you choose to stop for ice-cream, restaurants or shopping along the way. Many of our guests also choose to take advantage of the sightseeing tours which, in addition to being a great way to see the city, provide a complimentary shuttle to collect and drop-off our guests during the daytime. For the evening there are multiple opportunities to park free-of-charge in the center though we agree it can take a few minutes of patience to find the right spot on particular busy nights. If you choose to take a cab from our hotel into town it should only cost around $7-$9 each way and our team will be happy to arrange this option for you. We hope you'll choose to visit St. Augustine many more times in the future, and that you'll give us the opportunity to serve you.
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you would like to enjoy the wonderful Saint Augustine atmosphere, Quality Inn would not be my choice again. The overall appearance is in need of upgrades. The room was just average nothing special. Fortunately we had a room facing the swamp and water as the front faces a busy road with plenty of noisy traffic. The in-adequate breakfast in the morning with tasteless coffee can easily be by-passed. We were warned of freight trains coming by. They did and seemed to be endlessly long.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the back or corner rooms facing the back, the front is noisy and busy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ripon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

As a solo traveler I am often weary of hotels with exterior room doors. But I was drawn in to this hotel by its location and price. I was met by Garry who was kind and very helpful- even pretty funny. I was exhausted from driving for the day and I did not hear a train if one went by, it was perfectly quiet and peaceful for sleep. My room was clean and so was the pool, small but perfect for an evening swim. Tati was also EXCELLENT in the morning, she was a kind face to wake up to and even helped me with the rest of my trip. Great staff make this place a spot I will stay if I return to St. Augustine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We came here after a horrible experience else where and I am so thankful we did. The staff was amazing, especially Paula and the manager Fraid. Because of them, it made our first time in st augustine wonderful! Our room was clean and comfortable. There is a train but it didn't bother us at all and you can't hear it in your room with your AC going. A shuttle will take you where you need to go. The hotel is actually in walking distance to some places in the historic area. The staff even got our family of 6 the Red Train tour and they came to get us and take us on tour if city, which was a great thing for first timers in the city. The pool was nice and refreshing. Breakfast was good and fresh. It's a wonderful hotel for the money and I will return here on my next stay. I can't say enough great things about this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Historic? Share your experiences!