“Beautiful place to stay`” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Pearl River, New York
“Beautiful place to stay`”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This past week one of my friends booked a suite here for us to stay and get ready in for the day before her wedding. The place is beautiful! The interior is loverly with tapestries and lovely welcoming colors and the staff was very sweet and helpful (except for one gentleman who should never be allowed to work the front desk and clearly hates his job or we caught him on bad two days of his week). The bellhop Perry was absolutely wonderful and helped my friend and I so much with lugging a 30lb wedding dress and all of our luggage. Room 201 was nice and roomy and big. when our room wasnt ready they let us get ready in a room that was teeny tiny but it had a shower and was enough for her and i to get ready for her rehearsal dinner. All and all regardless of mr. mopey pants at the front desk i would stay there again! the location and rooms were clean comfy and everything you need.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We just hung out in the lobby drinking coffee from the coffee bar in the back of the hotel, trying to warm up during a cold front that followed us from a unprecedented winter in Chicago. Comfy and stylish, we felt welcomed in this upscale cozy lobby with intimate seating areas so comfortable they almost absorbed you!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
KesslerCorporate, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Monica, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Bella06: Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are extremely pleased to see that you have been a frequent guest at the Casa Monica and generally have an enjoyable experience, however, please accept our apologies that your most recent stay in the Flagler Suite was not a good fit for your extended family. Your comment about the stairs, especially for those traveling that may have some challenges in climbing them, is information that is important know. We will investigate ways that we can better explain the configuration of the suite so that future guests can make a more informed decision. Thank you again for your review of the Flagler Suite and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Casa Monica in the future.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is my fourth stay at this hotel, and while I still like the hotel (location and top-notch service) I wanted to warn others about the Flagler Suite..it is the strangest suite I have ever stayed in, and while some if it's quirkiness is fun (like the upstairs dormed square windows), some of it is a pain, literally. When booking I didn't realize that to reach any bedroom required quite a bit of steps, a difficultly for my 85 year old mom. To get to the top room was like 40 steps! We all tried to remember to keep everything on the bottom floor because it was such a hassle to climb those stairs after a full day of walking the city. Also, the common area was tiny (though the bedrooms were large, I would have preferred the opposite). Not enough room for more than a few people to sit, unless thay sit at the table. The couch is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on! The beds are comfortable, just like the regular rooms, but for the price differential I expected more. A lot more. What irks me is that if the suite had been explained better to me, or the website had more photos, I would have been more informed, and definately would have saved my money. This applies only to the Flagler suite, as I have not stayed in any other. One of the worst suite experiences ever.

Room Tip: Rooms with preferred view are the best I've stayed at here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lisbon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Casa Monica was a dream location for my reception. They were courteous and obviously well-versed in the wedding scene. The food at the tasting was FAR better than the food at the wedding (steak was overcooked, etc), but it was still delicious. The hotel itself was stunning, inside and out, and although they lost my fathers hotel reservation, they made up for it by upgrading his room. The entire experience was pleasant, the wedding reception venues are stunning, and (although costly), it is worth it for a memorable moment. They even delivered everything from the wedding to my room, and left a card and a small desert for us when we got to our room. I will definitely be visiting again for our anniversary!

Room Tip: The bride can block off rooms for a small discount, and the bride and groom get a free upgrade!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at this most beautiful and amazing hotel. At first I thought we were a little out of our league. That was until the staff made us feel right at home. Everyone was sooo very friendly and helpful. Just when I thought the trip couldn't get any better our housekeeper Cindy slip a note under the door the morning we were leaving wishing us well. Now that's making our stay even more personable and special. I will keep that note in our wedding album! This is a must stay every year for our anniversary!

Room Tip: We had a premium room. It was large and amazing. However, there are no microwaves to warm any of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Visited St. Augustine for a wedding and stayed here. The hotel is very cute and stylish. The pool area was beautiful. The hotel is right in the middle of all the St. A attractions. Overall we really enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Davidson, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have stayed at several of the Kessler Collection hotels, and this is not their best. From check-in to checkout it was good, but not exceptional. The staff is going through the motions, but not the best performance. Friendly, but somewhat distant. The room was small (as it seems a lot of the Kessler hotel rooms are) but we had a nice view of the plaza, and it was quiet. The bathroom was very plain and uninspired-- looked more like a nice La Quinta bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely appointed, but not over-the-top. We had dinner two nights in a row at the dining room and the food was exceptional. The service was very slow and the waiter did not seem to be particularly engaged in the same place as the diners. The kitchen was not very accommodating to our requests, but they put out an exceptional meal.
Overall it was a nice stay, but not one for the memory bank!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room, or pay to upgrade as the standard rooms are pretty tight for two.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KesslerCorporate, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Monica, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Jim W: I am pleased to see that you have been a guest of some of the Kessler Collection hotels but am disappointed that you did not find this one as favorable as our others. We always strive to meet our guests’ expectations and I regret that in this instance, we fell short of that goal. I was pleased that your overall stay was pleasant however. We certainly hope that you will visit with us again in the future so that we may strive to become one of your favorites.

Been to Casa Monica, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!