“Friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Historical Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Historical Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Historical Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2010 North Ponce De Leon Blvd., Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Palmetto, United States
“Friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. We were on vacation and the staff was very helpful in arranging for the shuttle and explained maps to us. The rooms were clean. We like that we were a few blocks away from everything so that when we came back to the hotel it was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Historical Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am honored you chose our hotel to spend your three day vacation with in our beautiful city. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel staff and room cleanliness. I sincerely hope the next time you are able to make it to St. Augustine you will stay with us again.

Bob Kenyon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lakeland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Let me begin my stating that our AC couldn't get down to 75 degrees. I believe the lowest it was able to get is 79. As you can imagine, 79 degrees in Florida in September is not the best temperature. However, this is not the primary reason I will NEVER stay in another Best Western and NEVER EVER recommend Best Western to any of my friends or family. I came to the hotel lobby with my boyfriend on Saturday morning to get breakfast. While preparing my meal I was approached by an older man from the front desk. The conversation was short. Older man- "Are you staying another night?" Me- "Yes" Older man- "What room are you in?" Me- "202" He then wandered back to the front desk. I can only assume that he was profiling myself and my boyfriend due to the fact that we are the only younger people in the lobby and he never approached anyone else while we were there eating breakfast. This situation was very troubling to me and offended me greatly. We then left the hotel to go about our day and visit the sites. We returned after several hours to get some rest before our tour at 5. We both decided to take a nap and were rudely awakened by the same older man bursting into our hotel room. He did not knock or announce himself. When he saw my boyfriend in bed he immediately apologized and claimed he was there to check house keeping and shut the door. I got up and went down to the lobby to speak with the front desk. I believe that I spoke with the manager of the hotel. The manager told me that the older man always talks to people in the lobby (not true because I did NOT see him speak to anyone else). The manager told me that the older man must have been up there to check on an AC unit. So, now I have two different stories. He was either up there to check house keeping or to check the AC. Either way, I feel very uncomfortable and feel that if my boyfriend wasn't there the older man may have been there for me. The only thing that the manager had to offer me is an "I'm sorry". I told him that I had plans to look for another location to stay and he apologized again. I went up to my room and five minutes later received an offer of 50% off my Saturday night stay. I took it only because after the money I had already spent on vacation I couldn't possibly afford to find another place to stay on such short notice. I would honestly like a full refund of my stay, but to be 100% honest it wouldn't change my feelings or my opinion of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Historical Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Pleace accept my apology for the incident that happened during your stay. We have procedures in place for entering guestrooms, and our front desk agent failed to follow proper procedure. The situation has been dealt with so as to ensure this kind of event never happens to any of our guests in the future. Once again, I am truly sorry, and if you never need assistance of any kind, please call me directly at 904 829 9088.

Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We arrived about an hour early for check in and we were pleasantly surprised that Rhonda was able to check us in immediately. We went to our room and we noticed a slight musty smell that thank God didn't last long. Room was very clean and well stocked. It even had a mini refrigerator. The bed was fine but, the pillows weren't great. We only stayed one night and had the continental breakfast the next morning. Breakfast choices included fruit, yogurts, bagel, cereal, pastries, pancake or waffle maker (I'm not sure which) along with milks, fruit juices and coffee. They have very few tables so, get there early. Both Rhonda and Pat at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful to us with directions and answers for us for places to go to buy some of the local Datil peppers. Overall, we are glad we chose this place and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you chose us as well, and hope you do on your next stop to St. Augustine. Thank you for mentioning Pat and Rhonda. They are two great employees, each of whom has been with us for over ten years.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a very comfortable stay here. The room was nice, clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was OK, but the staff were excellent! We loved that the front desk staff just picked up the phone and a shuttle bus came right to the hotel to get us started on our tour of the city. The only strange thing was the soap. I guess it was a moisturizing soap, but it was practically impossible to rinse off.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will select us again on your next vist to our beautiful city.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

There is not a thing bad I can say about this hotel. It is right in the heart of everything, is clean and cozy. Would definitely stay there again. It's fantastic. It is right next to the fort, the trolley service stops right in front of the hotel and there are carriage rides. We took the carriage ride our last night at sunset, which was perfect!

Room Tip: Try to stay close to e hotel entrance. Where our room was, it was close to the bar next door, which...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bob K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Historical Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western. I am glad you had a great time, but I think you meant to write the review for the Best Western Bayfront Inn. Their location is what you described in your review. In any event, thank you for choosing Best Western.
Hellertown PA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We found this Best Western via the 800 number after needing to switch from an inadequate hotel nearby. The early check in was a big help to provide several hours of useful time. The breakfast was just enough to get the day started.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry you had a bad experience at another St. Augustine hotel, but am very happy you chose us and were able to enjoy your vacation. If you are in the area again, please come back and see us.
ponte vedra beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Staff was friendly and check in was quick and easy. The card reader on the first room didn't work, so after the maintenance crew couldn't get it to work, they moved us to a new room. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Bathroom was tiny. If you're tall, you won't like the shower.........very small. Breakfast was OK, not great. Small eating area. It's not the Ritz but it's OK for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I do apologize for the lock situation, I trust we solved your issue in a timely manner. I hope if you are in the area again, you would give us another chance to provide you with an ultra clean room, and superior customer service.

Been to BEST WESTERN Historical Inn? Share your experiences!