“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Historical Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Historical Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Historical Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2010 North Ponce De Leon Blvd., Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #36 of 75 hotels in Saint Augustine
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I will start with the good points, only a few. Beds were very comfortable , and air conditioner worked very good. The motel was in a good part of town, close to places to eat, and Wal Mart. Pool was very small , but still nice. We were told there would be fridge n microwave, there was NO microwave. I have never stayed in a Best Western without a microwave. The staff was terrible, had to fight with the older lady who checked us in the first night, she didn't want to honor rate we were given from calling 800 reservations. We had planned on staying 2 more nights but Bob, the manager didn't want to honor the $101 rate we were given, even though I had the email confirmation with that price. We will not stay at this best western again when we go back in August.

• Stayed June 2013
Bob K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Historical Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Unfortunately, none of our guestrooms have microwaves at this time, and I am very sorry and shocked that someone here would tell you that we did. I would also like to apologize regarding your room rate issue, and the service you were given. We pride ourselves on ultra clean rooms, and superior customer service. When we fail to deliver on those principles, it pains me greatly. I worked the front desk the week you were here, and it was my understanding you were paying day by day. I had great conversations with your husband every morning at breakfast, and he would tell me if you were paying by cash or credit card for each day. I had no idea you had a confirmation for a different rate on the weekend, as you were do to checkout on Friday.
I would like to take this opportunity to ask for you to reconsider, and give us another try. If you contact me personally, I will take good care of you.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winter Haven, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We didn't bother to reserve a room in advance. Oops. So we ended up paying $130 for a room with double beds. We actually called the 800 number and they told us when we booked this was across the street from the beach-which is why we agreed to the $130. It is NOT on the beach. It's on the river. I was annoyed but I was also tired of looking for a room. Online the rooms away from the beaches were averaging $89 for two queen beds so they up-charge quite if you don't reserve in advance-that's everywhere. It was clean enough although the drawers needed to be wiped out. We didn't use them. The pool had a bit of algae on the bottom but not terrible. The free breakfast was small but very well planned with good quality tasty items. The WIFI signal at our room was weak. Our kindle was able to stay connected but our phones couldn't. The thermostat is not accurate. It was set at 65 but we had to sleep under just the sheet to stay comfortable. It wasn't warm but just not as cool as we would have liked. If you wish to save money on parking in the old town area you will want a room closer to that area. That by itself will save you $10 a day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am sorry you were misinformed about our location. We are located 1.25 miles from the center of the historical district on the northern edge. Definitely not near a beach or river. Thanks again for your review, and I hope you will consider us again on your next trip to St. Augustine.

Sincerely.

Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Inn was clean in all aspects, quiet providing your room is not right on US1 (ponce de leon blvd).
Excellent breakfast with the only deficiency of this hotel being its small dining area, only 4 tables for all guests using the breakfast options, which were more than sufficient. Management was helpful with every request. Located one block from San Carlo which goes directly into downtown historic area.

Room Tip: rooms in rear were more quiet, some rooms have ac operated by a wall thermostat so unit does not ru...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you return soon, and give us a chance to earn that fifth star. Thanks again!!!

Middleburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed one night here with family when they came to visit us. The hotel is in great shape and kept up very nice! Parking can be a bit of an issue, as there were several cars in the parking lot who basically just parked where they could find room. Otherwise, the service was great and the continental breakfast was above average for what we are used to. The staff were great the next day, as my daughter left a brush and mirror in the room. I explained to them what they looked like and what room we were staying in. A few minutes later, the manager returned with both items in hand! Friendly service, clean rooms, and a nice location make it a great choice if you're staying in St. Augustine! It is a bit out of the old town area, so if you want to walk to everything, pick something closer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bob K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Historical Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I appreciate your kind words regarding our clean rooms and friendly service. We strive for both with each and every guest. Hope to see you here again real soon.

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just spend a couple of nights, it has a great location close to everything, close to the Outlets and close to the main attractions.
Room 104 need some renovations, the ceiling is falling down, but for the price I can't ask for more. breakfast is great and the staff is friendly and courteous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write of a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I checked the room you stayed in, and yes the ceiling does need some attention, but is most assuredly not falling down. Please come and see us again the next time you visit our beautiful city.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was here for two days on a short tourist vacation.

Both check in and check out were excellent. Fast and efficient, I was there and gone in almost no time. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel has easy access from Ponce de Leon Dr and the street behind.

The breakfast area is small, but I had no difficulty getting the same table at the window both days. Offerings are a bit better than average, and include Kashi products.

The reception, parking lot and walkways were all clean and well looked after.

The room itself was a good size, clean, and came with a microwave, coffeemaker and coffee maker. All good. Dated decor, but I didn't care.

The bed seemed due for replacement. Not a lot of support, but it was also spotlessly clean.

The WiFi tended to be a bit iffy. The signal could be strong or weak, and sometimes didn't exist at all, although it was very strong in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. Ultra clean rooms and friendly service is our goal for every guest, and I am pleased we achieved that with you. Please come back and visit the next time you are in St. Augustine.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. My daughters and I were on a little weekend get-away. We spent 2 nights. The continental breakfast was ok, the standard breakfast. There is very limited seating in the room where the continental breakfast was served so we just carried it back to our room. The front desk clerk the evening we checked in was very friendly and helpful. The hotel isn't in the historic district but still within walking distance to the antique area and several nice restaurants. I would definitely stay here again. The only complaint I had was the parking is very limited.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bob K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Historical Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on ultra clean rooms, and superior customer service. I know parking can be a little tight, especially on weekends. It is a challenge for most properties in St. Augustine, but unlike a lot of others we offer complimentary parking. Once again, thank you for your kind words, and I hope you decide to visit us again real soon.

SIncerely,

Bob Kenyon

Been to BEST WESTERN Historical Inn? Share your experiences!