“Scary!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Pordenone
“Scary!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week in September 2012 and I must say this was one of the scariest experiences. This place looks run down, the rooms are extremely tiny, and they only offer the bare essentials (not even a mini-refrigerator...). Quite a few trashy people staying there (I'm quite sure one was a prostitute). In the main green area, I found a 3 ft long snake which I think was a water mocassin (some of them are venomous). After somebody killed it, it layed on the sidewalk for about 2 days before someone cleaned it up. Disgusting!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Although not downtown St Augustine, very close, a 10 minute or so drive. Outlet Mall is right across street from it if you like that kind of shopping. I did visit one store. Room is up to standard for a Best Western, clean and we had 2 queen beds, nice and tidy. My only complaint is that there was not a microwave or small refridgerator which comes in so handy. We just used our ice chest to store things. We only stayed one night on a Free reward night from Best Western. Only 2 stories so not too bad but if you are on 2nd floor though stairs only in 2 places. Although it did fill up, very quite. Free Wi-FI which means a lot to me. I would stay there again for a night or so, Staff helpful. The main thing for me is very clean and nice comfy beds with lots of pillows.

Room Tip: I am sure any room would be great but due to location of stairs, ground floor would be best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane P, Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking time to write your experience at our hotel. Hope to see you again for another enjoyable stay.

Orange City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this location several times for both business and pleasure. Dora and Andrea at the front desk are always friendly and helpful. Ricardo in the breakfast room takes pride in what he does and tries extremely hard to keep the bar stocked and clean. We would recommend (and have) this hotel to our friends, business partners, and relatives who visit St. Augustine. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are comfortable and affordable. The hotel is very busy, however the staff keeps the rooms clean and nice. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Jane P, Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to give our hotel and our staff a great review. I will share this with our staff
to let them know their hard work is appreciated and it will help them work even harder to please our Guests. Hope to see you again for even more pleasant stay.

Lake Norman, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The hotel was okay, the location was perfect for our purposes, the room nice and clean, and the bed comfortable.... but, if you need to drink water, bring your own! The tap water is salty, not even drinkable. So if you have to take a supplement, you better get to the vending machine and buy a bottle of water.
The "free continental breakfast" was the worst I've seen in a long time - they did NOT have a dispenser for drinking water, the hard-boiled eggs were already peeled and sitting in a puddle of liquid, a little fridge that said "yogurt" did not have any in it, and when we asked the person in charge about water or refilling the yogurt, he just shrugged. And to top it off, there was a TIP JAR sitting by the door - I really had to laugh out loud!! Tipping for what - there was nothing in that so-called breakfast room that I could eat or drink. Somehow, I thought Best Western was a reliable brand, but it's not.

Room Tip: The place is hard to get to, you need to double-back several times off the interstate. Bring some wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane P, Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I would like to Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We thrive on our guest's opinions, it helps us better serve our customers. We are sorry to learn that water quality was not to your liking. We do use county water system and at the property we have our own filter system to filter the water we use in the hotel. I have also talked to our breakfast staff about your experience and to improve their service with the guests.
Once again I would like to apologize and hope you will give us another chance.

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This room was great and an awesome value! I reserved online with Bestwestern.com and when I arrived check in was very easy. The staff was courteous. I was a little nervous when we arrived because it looked a little older but when we got into our room I was very happy. It was super clean and looked just like a typical Best Western premier room. The location is near the outlets so if youre going just for the beach this may be a little far but if you are going to take day trips to Old St. Augustine and to Jacksonville it is in the perfect place. For $60.00 a night you just can't beat it! I would definitely stay here again! Very pleased!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane P, Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to let us know about your stay. We value your opinion and it helps all our staff to work even harder to please our guests. We look forward to seeing you again for another pleasant stay.

Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This motel exceeded our expectations! Clean and cheerful room--roomy and everything worked well. Front desk person was efficient and helpful. Motel has large courtyard area which is well-maintained. I'm always happy when the rooms and property seem to be kept clean and updated. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling in the St. Augustine area, as long as you don't expect a beachfront place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane P, Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay with us. It helps us better serve our guests and hope to see you again.

St. Petersburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just completed my second stay a this hotel. I need to be in St Augustine, FL for business and this property is very close. When I arrived, the desk clerk was having problems with her computer but didn't want me to have to wait so she gave me my keys and asked that I come back later to sign the check-in agreement, which was very nice of her. The room was very clean. Not sure when it was last updated but it was definitely well maintained. The bathroom was very clean as well. Te property was clean and also well maintained. They offered free wifi but the system problem prevented it from working. It was no big deal for me and it worked fine on my last trip there. They offer a free breakfast in the morning but I didn't use it so I can speak to it. There's a Ruby Tuesday a short walking distance behind the hotel, a Denny's next door, and a Taco Bell directly in front. A little something for everyone. I paid $45 for my 1 night stay this time and $55 last time. Both were well worth the price. It's located one block off I-95 so it's easy to get to. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in St. Augustine for business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. It helps us better serve our guests and hope to see you again for another pleasant stay.

Jane

Been to BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!