“will stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 75 hotels in Saint Augustine
Gainesville, Florida
“will stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Newly remodeled rooms, beds were great ..comfortable! Great location right off I95, You can't beat the internet price. Pet friendly. Resturants with-in walking distance.Outlet malls short distance away for premium shopping.

Room Tip: book through internet at Best Western.com to get great rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place was clean, did not smell, bed was comfortable, close to attractions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on June 22nd as we were driving to Port Canaveral for a cruise that left the following day. We stopped at 2am to inquire about a room so we could get some sleep and drive the remainder of our trip the next morning. This did not happen. The room was very warm but the A/C was on. I turned it all the way up but it never cooled off. There were a couple of flies in the room that I had to take care of before I could even attempt to sleep. The tv was nice and the shower was clean with good pressure. We did not call the office as it was 3am already by the time we realized it was not going to cool down much and we just needed to suffer through it and get what sleep we could. The next morning a gentleman not in any uniform pounded on our door and upon opening the door he seemed to have intentions of entering our room for no reason. He did work there or appeared to be training cause he looked awfully confused and was asking us if we were leaving... At the front desk I informed the clerk that the A/C did not work in the room we were in as when we opened the door the next morning it was cooler outside than it was inside. He apologized and said "well I can give you 10 dollars off your stay". I said whatever and requested a comment card which does not have the hotel number stamped on it anywhere, probably on purpose. If you don't mind staying in a room without a/c, this is the place....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family stayed here only one night after our RV's battery died earlier in the day. A friend made the reservation using Points, so we only paid a $10 pet fee. Check in was quick and easy. When we arrived in the room upstairs, it was very clean. The AC took several hours to cool off, however we were extremely hot from being outside and without AC in our RV. We did not use the pool area, although it looked nice. The breakfast selection was decent. There was a waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, cereal, toast, coffee, apple and orange juice, as well as apples and oranges. There was a nice young lady tending to the area wiping down surfaces and cleaning.

A side note for management to consider: There are cigarette butts all over the property which are not only visually unappealing, but unsanitary and damaging to pets (if they try to eat them). It would be beneficial to delegate someone to clean them once a day.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we plan on coming back =)

Room Tip: AC seemed to take a long time to cool off.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Titusville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I booked this trip as an overnighter with the kids and husband. I booked 2 rooms as there was 7 of us. We arrive at the hotel just after 3 for check-in. They "lost" the reservation for 1 of the rooms and tried telling me the rest of my party already checked in. Repeatedly told them my entire party was in the vehicle with me and they didnt seem to understand that fact. Asked to speak with a manager and was told there wasnt one. They did manage, after I showd them my confirmation email, to get me another room on a totally seperate floor. And told me they were doing me a favor by giving it to me at the same rate I have already booked and confirmed for. We go to the rooms and one hasnt even been cleaned yet! The other room had wet towels folded, on the towel rack, waiting for use. NO WAY! finally got into the other room and there was no soap, coffee, shampoo and very little toilet paper. From 9pm till after 11pm there was over 20 kids in the pool right outside our room screaming and hollering. after several attempts at calling the front office with nobody answering I walked up there and while the front desk did finally have them leave the pool area he didnt lock it so immediately there was another group of kids that moved into the pool. So very little sleep. Sad when the people in the pool make more noise then the semis on I95 50 ft away do. Wish I could say it got better in the morning with breakfast but it didnt. Overcrowded, poorly layed out, poorly stocked, overheated room. Couldnt even get a piece of toast or bowl of cereal because of the line trying to make waffles. Majority of the time the line went out the door and down the hall. Only 2 good points was when we were able to use the pool it was very nice and the lady working the front desk the morning of our check out was very nice and helpful. Repeatedly asked to speak to a manager, never seemed to be one around. Overall a very very bad experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This property has been nicely updated just like the pictures show. We were greeted promptly at check in and the process was quick. We were very pleased with our room and the updated furnishings, comfortable beds/pillows and flat screen tv. The swimming pool is in very good shape and well kept. It is evident that the management has invested in an older property to bring it up to date. The only issue we faced was the free breakfast. The first morning the supply delivery must have been late because there was no juice, syrup or fruit available. We left to go to the Denny's next door and saw that the food service truck was unloading near check-in. The next day we figured we would try again and everything was in order except no syrup for the waffles. We were checking out anyways and decided to go out to breakfast again. Hopefully the management can get the breakfast supply issue fixed as this was the only thing that was not up to par.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife and I booked this room as a part of a weekend getaway to St. Augustine. The other hotels within the downtown/historic distric were almost double what we paid for this room. For such a low rate we were pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service of the hotel staff. Our rooms were clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the continental breakfast was adequate.
It is an easy 10 minute drive to historic St. Augustine and beaches and in close proximity to a variety of restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!