“In St. Augustine for 3 days and had 3 meals at The Present Moment.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Present Moment Cafe

Ranked #10 of 444 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegan
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Sarasota, Florida
“In St. Augustine for 3 days and had 3 meals at The Present Moment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would move to St. Augustine just to eat at this restaurant. Daily specials were great and everything was so tasty. My husband is not a vegetarian and he fell in love with the place. The portions were great. The food presentation was great. This is an outstanding restaurant. The staff is very helpful too. As a tourist this was quite a find. We didn't want to eat anywhere else. We sampled quite a number of different dishes and everything was 100%. Very fairly priced for the work and quality involved.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dothan, Alabama
“Go here! End of story :) (But you can still read my review!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We are more recent vegans (as of January 2013) and finding good food while being a tourist is sometimes an interesting challenge, depending upon the location. Whether you are a vegan, vegetarian, raw foodie, or subscribe to the traditional American diet, you owe it to yourself to venture just a tiny weeny bit out of the regular location of downtown St. Augustine to check out The Present Moment Cafe.

From the inside and outside decor, to the wait staff, to the presentation of the food...I could seriously live here. I loved every single bite and second I was here. My only thought while I ate was, "Boy, I really wish I could get their recipes."

Inside the restaurant, to the left hand side in a small corridor by the restrooms, where I was headed, I noticed a small handwritten sign that I think said, "Market -->". I went to check it out on the way to the ladies' room...and almost jumped for joy! They do, in fact, have their own awesome cookbook ($19.95), complete with a fantastic short introduction of how this restaurant came into being. I'm pretty sure you can get it through their website, also.

I really can't say enough about this place. I feel it was a very lucky find. I just love everything about it and when we visit St. Augustine again, (hopefully this fall), you'll know where you can find me.

Ample parking out back of restaurant, too.

PS- We visited the St. Augustine Lighthouse a few hours after we ate here. A man visiting asked the tour guide atop the lighthouse for restaurant recommendations because his son had food allergies. I eavesdropped on his answer... which was that he had to visit both The Present Moment Cafe and The Floridian. Lucky us! We had the opportunity to visit both restaurants. He said both really know their food and will be attentive to all of their needs. A+, Present Moment Cafe, for not only getting the nod from fly-by tourists like us, but getting the thumbs up from the locals is also quite a feat.

• Visited June 2013
Orlando
“Delicious food beautifully presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

What an awesome experience! The Present Moment Cafe is well worth the trip. I had heard about this great restaurant from a friend, and everything was wonderful. We were warmly greeted by the manager and a server and told we could sit where ever we liked, very nicely decorated with artwork, there is also a sitting area with sofas as well as a counter bar. Great ambiance. We had a hard time deciding what to eat, so we chose the sampler platter-where we had a delicious Kale salad with a light vegan avocado dressing and candied pecans-YUM, and then a cute whimsical presentation of a "burger" and "taco" and "pasta" all of course were raw vegan and unbelievably delicious. We topped off lunch with a warm apple cobbler with an amazing vanilla ice cream- both raw vegan and the ice cream was just as good and creamy of the best ice cream parlour-without the dairy! We also enjoyed the little shopping area where we purchased one of their cookbooks (which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND) and a few other delicious items. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great and healthy food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely LOVE Present Moment Cafe's vegan recipes! Me and my girlfriend have a hard time finding good veg/vegan restaurants in town. We have a new favorite place now!

• Visited May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best place in St. Augustine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

i found this place on trip advisor. i was looking for an organic/vegan restaurant and came across this nice little place. the food selection is awesome, service is great, good organic beer and wine selection. i highly recommend this place!