“5 STAR restaurant - for less!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
“5 STAR restaurant - for less!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Looks can be deceiving, so don't let the location or the building fool you - THIS is fine dining without the price tag! (photo submitted, but does NO JUSTICE to the rich flavor)

Being the only Vegan in the group, I was trusting this place to impress the other 3 guests and it sure delivered! Everyone was OVERLY impressed and being new to raw, even I had my doubts. DO NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP! The service is not fast, but it's friendly, so sit back, order an appetizer while you wait, and enjoy yourself. :)

94% Recommend
Guilford, Indiana
“Raw Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first experience with this type of restaurant. My burger was actually ground up nuts. Everything was very taste and beautifully arranged on the plate. I would highly recommend to everyone..

Gainesville, FL
“Spectacular lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I just shared a great, great lunch here. Exactly what we were looking for. Very well done. We definitely will be back - and have told several friends they have to check this place out!

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Great Food & Atmosphere--Vegans & Omnivores Welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Present Moment Café’s website says, “The flavors will dance on your palate and as you walk out the front door you will instantly feel refreshed & energized. We serve only what we find in season, what is fresh, what is wholesome…Our Kind cuisine energizes the body, mind and spirit with an abundance of live enzymes and nutrients.” After two lunches and one dinner in a recent long weekend we definitely agree. We were very impressed with the ambiance, the quality of the food, its presentation and the service.

The Café is a raw food vegan restaurant that offers lunch entrees from $7-$12 and dinner entrees from $11-$16. That’s hardly expensive when you consider the cost of gathering the fresh ingredients, the thoughtful preparation, and the beautiful presentation of each dish. Omnivores are welcome and will enjoy the food, too! We found almost everything tasted super. The Sunlight Burger was an exception--I found it to be just average. Otherwise, from the mango samosas to the pizza rustica and collard wraps—all were outstanding. The lunch sampler of three dishes for $21 was a good choice and it worked out well to share between two people. The kale avocado a la Present Moment signature salad is wonderful, also. Beer, wine and fruit smoothies are available as well as vegan ice cream that proved very yummy.

The corridor that leads to the rear parking lot is also a market (watch out for the restroom doors—they swing outward). It’s a good place to find sun-dried goji berries, kale chips, organic sauces and seasonings, nuts, seeds, Righteously Raw nutrition bars, salt crystals and the excellent cookbook by owner Yvette Schindler “Handmade in the Present Moment”. It tells the story of how the café originated and shares the equipment used in the kitchen and the recipes for everything on the menu.

The Present Moment Café is not a franchise restaurant—it’s a locally-owned and operated classic. See if the food energizes your body, mind and spirit as it did ours!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cottage Grove, Oregon
“You have got to try this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. We chose it thinking that it would be like a Vegan place we like in Eugene Oregon (near home) but it was not.
I had the Alfredo pasta. Zuccini pasta. Creamy garlicky cashew based sauce. With mushrooms. Really really really good. So good that I went right out and bought a spiralizer, the device that make the zuccini pasta. I need to learn to do this at home. I want to make this for others. Since I live thousands of miles away, I can't become a regular. If I lived here I would. My husband. Had the kale salad with avocado dressing. It was also fantastic. Oh oh oh! And my pasta came with a lovely field greens salad with a light, lemony dressing and beet chips. OK. I Love beets and these were amazing. I asked for the recipe. I bought a small bag that the kitchen made up for me. Sliced thin and dipped in tamari, garlic, onion and agave, the chips are then placed in a dehydrator until crisp. They taste fried. They taste wonderful. I must try this at home. The Present Moment has interesting art on the walls, comfortable seating, nice people, and great food. Try it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere