“Fun place to spend a couple of hours.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 444 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Just listed in The Southern Living Magazine September edition as one of their 8 favorite locations in St. Augustine. We have been in the top ten on TripAdvisor for over 3 Years. Once you have dined with us you will come back. Serving all the greats from across the pond, including The Best Hand Beer Battered Fish & Chips In Town, just ask around. Over 30 Beers Wines & Ciders.
Tampa, Florida
“Fun place to spend a couple of hours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch and ended up making a new friend with our server, Liz. Food was good, prices very fair and the added banter made for a much fun, much memorable experience. Thank you Liz for making our time with you extra special.

Visited December 2013

Palatka, Florida
“A bit of Hampshire in Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've never been in a "pub" in the USA that felt as much as England than the Prince of Wells! HAmpshire is my favorite part of England and the Price of Wells feels like Hampshire. cool stuff from Southhampton's futball team, old pictures and maps of many Hampshire locals made this a a marvelous experience. Plus, they have a front grill from a Wolseley! I never thought I'd see one in the USA. Fish and Chips and meat pies were authentic, with a good selection of beers! And its small, making it feel like a village pub! I loved it!

Visited December 2013
Sarasota, FL
“Always charming.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We go to St. Augustine every December (since 2009) for the Night Watch parade, and always stop in to eat at the Prince of Wales. Overall, we've been pleased every time.

The place can be literally packed to to the rafters, however, depending on what night you manage to go. For instance, on the actual Saturday night of the parade, usually the Prince of Wales gets filled to capacity. However, earlier in the evening (when we went), there were only a few patrons and so the place was quiet, relaxing, and really quite inviting.

I've never been disappointed in the food. The portions have always been large, and usually we need to get a to-go box.

The decor is charming, and if I recall the woodwork on the bar was all brought from a pub overseas. Don't hold me to that, though; however, I seem to remember being told that by the old owners several years ago.

Plus, I first discovered beans on toast here and owe them immensely for that!

Anyway, if you find yourself in St. Augustine and want to eat somewhere with some very distinctive character, with reasonable prices and good portions, check out the Prince of Wales.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crystal River, Florida
“Fun Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We found the Prince of Wales to be just the place for a quiet, friendly dinner. It is perfect after the crazy pace of "doing" St. Augustine. Time to sit back with a glass of Guinness or wine, listen to music or just converse with the waitstaff. Trish is amazing as your waitress and gives the restaurant an authentic feel. We drive from Crystal River, FL just to be able to enjoy the food, the people and the atmosphere at least 4 times a year. After having just been there 4 days ago I am ready to return, it is that good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, Alabama
“Yum! My first British pub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My British friend loves the fish and chips here. This is my first experience with British fare. I enjoyed it very much. We had mushy peas, salad (very nice), beef and Guinness (apparently an acquired taste), peas and (yellow and orange) carrots, mash, fish and chips (too crunchy for me), and...TREACLE!! The treacle is GREAT! We went back the next day to get some more!

There was only one server there, Ruth(?), but she served us very well, professionally and unflustered. She did a nice job.

• Visited November 2013