“Ok hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 75 hotels in Saint Augustine
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Perhaps I was expecting too much for a hotel billed as three star at $95/night. This one was perfectly fine in all respects. The room was spacious and clean, the bed comfortable. No complaints, but nothing particularly to recommend it, either. I was disappointed that it was farther from downtown St. Augustine than I had expected from Hotwire--a 15-20 minute drive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I wish my experience was as good as the reviews I read before making a reservation, but it was just average. My husband and I were in town for a family wedding and stayed here two nights.

Check-in was the fastest I've ever been through. Unlike most places, I was only asked my name (no ID required) and asked to sign a paper showing my room rate. No information was given to us about the hotel (breakfast times, amenities, check out time, etc.) and we were just handed our keys.

Our room was clean, neat, and stocked appropriately with supplies. It was "no frills" but I didn't mind since I wasn't looking for any. The bed was moderately comfortable, with two different kinds of pillows to choose from. This set us up for a shock with the towels. All three in the bathroom were very scratchy and had loose ends, as were the two we got from housekeeping.

As for the amenities at the hotel, we had mixed emotions. The hot breakfast was good, with plenty of options even with a packed house. The hot tub, though, should have just been called a bath-water tub. We were disappointed by all the towels and garbage left around the tub, and we moved to irritation when we couldn't enjoy hot water either. We tried to say something to the front desk, but no one was at the desk for the minute or so we stood there.

I chose this hotel based on the reviews and the price. I would have rather paid a couple of dollars extra per night to have towels that weren't close to rags and a hot tub that worked. Next time we stay in the area, we will try one of the many other hotels nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

After spending a day traveling down I95, all I wanted was an easy check in, clean and quiet room and a reasonable price. The Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine was exactly that. Food options for dinner were within walking distance and if you want to do some shopping then the factory outlets are right there as well.

Breakfast was included and typical for this type of hotel, location and price. Just something to fill the stomach before hitting the road for another few hours of driving!

There's a few to choose from and whilst some are cheaper, I prefer to pay a few dollars more for a slightly better night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine

Address: 2465 State Road 16, Saint Augustine, FL 32092
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine
#8 Business Hotel in Saint Augustine
#13 Romantic Hotel in Saint Augustine
#19 Family Hotel in Saint Augustine
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham St Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine
Wingate St Augustine
Wingate Saint Augustine

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham St Augustine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.