“So Romantic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast Inn

You added Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   142 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, WA
“So Romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

The personnel are all incredibly friendly. I was searching for a B&B that accepted pets and this was the only one that I cam across. It's a yellow house with white trim. The water is across the street although you probably can't see it from any of the rooms, except for maybe one. Pets are only allowed on the ground floor rooms (there are 2 floors) They have wireless internet and the code is provided for you on a night table in the room. All the rooms have jaccuzzis which are two seaters! Most have fireplaces, although ours was a fake electric heater kind but it still gave the idea across. They have a happy hour from 5-7pm and provide Red, White & Rose wine and about 5 different beers with cakes and a really yummy crab dip. For breakfast we were able to choose if we wanted to eat in the gazebo, patio or in the small dining room or for a bit more breakfast in bed. The food was surprizingly good, quiche with fresh fruit, bread, teas, hot coco! They serve you and you actually tell them what you want the night before from their menu list.
In the winter, St Augustine becomes like a wonderland. The town is lit up and they even have tours where they can take you around to all the decorated homes in the area. They have carriage rides, it is one of our favorite places to go. Some of the buisnesses have been hurt with the downturn of the economy and that was sad to see.
All in All, my husband and I and our dog, enjoyed our stay here. It was 2 blocks from the center of downtown, we got tipsey for happy hour for free! and our bellies were full in the morning Can't beat that!!
Oh. PS. They give a 10% Military discount =)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Ft. myers Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

This B&B is located directly on the Bay, about 2 blocks from the center of town, and only half a mile from the Fort, which is pretty much on the opposite side of the historic district. We travelled with our 11 month old daughter, and I was pleased that the location made it very easy for us to get around because we were so close to everything. We stayed in the King George room. It's on the first floor, only room with a private porch, and faces the Bay. Absolutely the nicest room (although I'm sure they are all nice), Our room was equipped with a fireplace, Jacuzzi and sitting area. Although this B&B seems to cater to couples as I'm sure most B&Bs do, I never felt out of place with the baby.
OveralI, I can't say enough about the staff, they were so attentive, kind, polite, and overall just fantastic. Our trip was relaxing, romantic (even with an 11month old) and I would defenatly travel to Bayfront Marin house again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My wife and I had a great relaxing two day visit. Great view of the bay. Quiet. Some B&B's in St. Augustine are too close to bars, but this one is off the beaten path but still comfortably within walking distance to everything. The room and breakfast were top notch. The staff is very friendly and attentive.

USAF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I chose this place to take a short vacation with my boyfriend at the time and we had a blast. We stayed at the Stephanie's Hideaway room and it was so cozy...big luxurious bed, jacuzzi, and we got to choose when/where to eat our breakfasts each morning. In that particular room though, the vent was right above our heads over the bed - so it was blasting such strong A/C and was so loud I could hardly sleep. Turning it off was too hot so it was necessary. That could have just been me being picky that week, as my boyfriend was fine, or just that particular room. We ordered massages to have them in the room and they were very pleasant. The staff downstairs was very nice and accomodating, hands off as well which is not a bad thing. The location was good because we just walked a block or two and were in the middle of the great old city. Unfortunately because of the massive construction over the bridge in St. Augustine, there were periods of loud interruptions and ghastly scenery - but from the BAyfront Marin House you cannot hear nor see it so it was great on that front. In the morning on one of the days we were there, someone in the neighborhood (likely an adjacent building) was blasting the radio so loud and so early I wanted to scream!! I couldn't find the culprit though, and thank God it only happened once. The place was definitely close to what staying in Europe was like (As I lived there for years) only much more luxurious and American friendly. THe TV was tiny but who cares when you're on vacation? The fireplace was beautiful but obviously it was too hot to bother with it. My boyfriend ended up asking me to marry him out on the dock under the stars while we were there, and we are now married :)

I would definitely recommend this place to couples, probably ages 21 and over as it is more for the mature romances ;) (We're only in our mid-20s but it was certainly not a dorm-like hang out!) The robes they have in the bathrooms are amazing too, I'm buying my husband one for Christmas. This place was one of the better deals around as far as what you get for the price (TRUST Me, I searched in great depth). You will not be disappointed if you go with this place, despite the billion other choices in the area. So, it's a safe bet!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at Marin House when we visited St. Augustine! The staff members are gracious and make you feel like old friends! This is definitely a home away from home. We love the porches, decks, swings, and gorgeous water views. We were even able to watch the dolphins swimming during our breakfast! You will love it here!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

My wife and I try to go to St. Augustine once a year. We have stayed many places and this was by far our favorite. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is exceptional. Rooms are spotless and beautifully decorated. They get a 10 out of 10.

LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stopped in for two nights to the Bayfront Marin House before we headed up to a wedding farther north. Been to St. Augustine before when I was younger....but it's been a while. Friends recommended this place. Loved it. Stayed in the Governor White, which was perfect. Big bed for us and little trundle bed for our 4 yo daugther. We walked around a lot and especially liked the evening drinks and snacks that they had back at the Inn. Overall, great time, great location, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!