The personnel are all incredibly friendly. I was searching for a B&B that accepted pets and this was the only one that I cam across. It's a yellow house with white trim. The water is across the street although you probably can't see it from any of the rooms, except for maybe one. Pets are only allowed on the ground floor rooms (there are 2 floors) They have wireless internet and the code is provided for you on a night table in the room. All the rooms have jaccuzzis which are two seaters! Most have fireplaces, although ours was a fake electric heater kind but it still gave the idea across. They have a happy hour from 5-7pm and provide Red, White & Rose wine and about 5 different beers with cakes and a really yummy crab dip. For breakfast we were able to choose if we wanted to eat in the gazebo, patio or in the small dining room or for a bit more breakfast in bed. The food was surprizingly good, quiche with fresh fruit, bread, teas, hot coco! They serve you and you actually tell them what you want the night before from their menu list.
In the winter, St Augustine becomes like a wonderland. The town is lit up and they even have tours where they can take you around to all the decorated homes in the area. They have carriage rides, it is one of our favorite places to go. Some of the buisnesses have been hurt with the downturn of the economy and that was sad to see.
All in All, my husband and I and our dog, enjoyed our stay here. It was 2 blocks from the center of downtown, we got tipsey for happy hour for free! and our bellies were full in the morning Can't beat that!!
Oh. PS. They give a 10% Military discount =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find romance on the waterfront in our tailored, elegant, laid back Victorian inn located right in the historic district. Memories for a lifetime for your vacation, wedding, honeymoon, vow renewal, family reunion. Enjoy a full southern breakfast each morning, a daily happy hour, and lots of other great amenities--free parking, free wifi, free bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas, and the best water views in town. The Bayfront Marin House has the style of the past with the conveniences of today--double Jacuzzi tubs, showers with two showerheads or body jets, flat screen televisions, free wifi and more. Come visit us soon!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Marin House Hotel Saint Augustine
- Bayfront Marin House b&b Inn