“Ultimate Relaxation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laterra Resort & Spa

You added Laterra Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Laterra Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   955 Registry Boulevard, Suite 118, Saint Augustine, FL 32092   |
Saint Augustine,
“Ultimate Relaxation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This spa was such a treat. From the moment you step through the door, it's royal treatment. After putting on your plush robe, you're seated in a mediation room that has a waterfall falling from the ceiling. I sat in this oversized super comfy chaise with a so soft blanket/throw. I was surprised that while waiting or should I say relaxing they brought a delicious cup of tea (I need to call and ask what it was, b/c it was fantastic) and a little blueberry scone bursting with fresh blueberries. They offer a large array of services, I received a great massage. Afterwards, they have a sauna with eucalyptus and a snack. I didn't enjoy the last 2 services, because I didn't realize they offered them and had dinner plans. So, definitely plan for a little more time than just the amount of your service. It's a true overall experience. The only negative I have...is I had difficulty scheduling my appointment online. I initially wanted to schedule 2 services and wanted to book them back to back. But, I was not able to see the times for both services. You have to schedule 1 appt and then go back and schedule the other appointment. I hate to even mention a negative, but it was no big deal - I just called them and they set me up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a beautiful place...amazing spa, lovely pool and hot tub. Had a studio on first floor. Had no problems once we arrived. Parking lot was packed yet it was so nice and quiet at night.
Will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Use a private owner instead of a property management company. Try vrbo.com
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dominican Rebuplic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed at Laterra several times and have had zero issues with anything.Some of our stays were weekend stays other stays we where there for 2 weeks or more. The spaces are clean and huge and it is close to all amenities. I think that the problem that people are having is with the management companies they are choosing to do business with. Laterra is a self catering type of resort and anytime we stayed there we have had a great experiences with all the facilities. You can book a reservation at Laterra at many internet booking sites.Some people book directly with the condo owner others use independent management services. Laterra does not have a in house management company. It would be good to know the names of these management company's where "the lady was rude" "I was not given keys" and so on so that others don't use them We will continue to say at Laterra and have a great time as we always do!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Winter Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I beg of you not to stay here. The front desk is not located at the resort. We called them due to issues we were having and the lady I was speak with was so incredibly rude. She made comments about how we were inconveniencing her because she would have to leave the office to come help us with our issues. Eventually we just went to the spa and asked the people working there for help. They apparently are not employed by the resort because even they were confused by the way the resort operates. The pictures are deceiving. The pool is very tiny. The fitness center is closed. Way over priced. You can stay in the heart of St. Augustine for a cheaper rate. Please do not stay here. This resort completely ruined my relaxing getaway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I booked a one bedroom suite as a surprise for our one-year wedding anniversary. This was the biggest mistake of my life.

Upon booking, I was told I could pick up the room keys from the security guard. Despite giving all my information to the security guard and asking for the keys, I was not given any. I proceed to the resort to search for an employee to check-in with. I arrive at 1:00 p.m. There was no office staff and was advised by the spa employees that the guard was supposed to give my my keys. I drove all the way back to the security guard (not the quickest drive), picked up the keys after asking again, and drove back. Along with the keys, I received a map of the property and directions to my room, which were incorrect. Additionally, the map had a highlighted studio room noted as my room. I did not book a studio - I booked a full one-bedroom suite. However, I was going to deal with it.

I went to enter my room when I discovered by key card didn't work. As no staff is on the property, I contacted the emergency contact line which connected me with some type of manager. After I informed her of the key issue, she quickly asked if I knew my way around and requested that I meet her 10 minutes away at her office. When I told her I did not, she huffed and puffed and said, "Fine, I'll come drop it off to you." When I asked how long we should expect to wait, she rudely stated, "It's going to be at least 20 minutes because I have to drive ALL the way over to the office and ALL they way over to you" -- as if her mistake was placing a burden upon her.

Well, as the directions were messed up from the beginning, we decided to check the west wing building room with the same number as our key. Perfect, it worked! However, we walked in on another family that was staying there. I called the manager again and advised her of the situation and asked that I get refunded. She did not apologize for anything and said she could not refund me because I booked with Expedia. When I told her I would call Expedia and get back with her, she huffed and puffed again and was mad that she already drove to the office and wasted her time.

FYI - This process took 3.5 hours. Not one apology from any employee of the property. Our anniversary was ruined and we missed all of our scheduled tours in historic St. Augustine. Luckily Expedia apologized on behalf of Laterra, refunded our money and even said they couldn't believe what had happened

Thanks for ruining my anniversary and making my wife cry Laterra! Kudos to your lovely staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is an amazingly beautiful place. The grounds are astounding, the room we rented was beautifully decorated and the spa was fabulous!! Will definitely rent here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Very bad internet, no workout room, pool and hot tub close before 8pm. No front to desk to even talk or complain to someone. No wonder there is hardly anyone here,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Laterra Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!