“Great Comfortable, Clean Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   202 San Marco Avenue, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Great Comfortable, Clean Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Honestly, I did not expect how clean, spacious and comfortable this hotel is. Impressed. Had kitchenware to cook. A small bathroom, but very clean. Air conditioned on the first and second floor. The bed was super comfortable!!! I can rate this close to a 5 star hotel!!!Dog friendly Hotel was a plus! The manager, Christina was very helpful and gave us a list of dog friendly restaurants. She also accommodated an early check in , which was fantastic! She included a Thank you letter for our stay. Its very close to the historic old town site. We came here for a photo shoot and was blown away of many activities one can do in this town! Everyone is very nice and helpful. Will come back! 100 % satisfied!

Room Tip: Choose a townhouse if you want to stay there more than 2-3 days. Great for families.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We love to hear such wonderful comments about our establishment and our
Staff. Christina is a blessing - to both us and to our guests! It doesn't surprise us to hear that she went out of her way to find some good restaurants that will allow your dog to stop by too! I bet you met Ruffus - so you know she is a dog lover along with the rest of us! We are thrilled that you found your townhouse all that you expected and more. They are wonderful places to stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to write in - and please come back soon - we are looking forward to it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would enthusiastically recommend The Cozy Inn. I asked if they could order some flowers for our 38th wedding anniversary prior to our arrival and Christine exceeded my expectations with the wonderful order of flowers and a complimentary bottle of wine. This was a great beginning to a wonderful stay. The pictures on their website are very accurate. This includes the pictures of the particular room that you rent. I was in room #39 and will definitely ask for that room again later this year. I had two small dogs with me and there was no lack of areas where the dogs could take care of their business. I have worked at The Marriott and Holiday Inn and the professionalism that associates have at the The Cozy Inn surpass those hotels. The Cozy Inn should be extremely proud of their hotel and it should be the top-rated hotel in St. Augustine, bar none. BTW, their location is perfect. I even met and talked to some nice neighbors around the corner of the hotel. My only regret is that I failed to ask for business cards to give to my guests who inquire about hotels in the St Augustine area. To the owner Neil B, Christine and the great housekeeper Cat and the other one whose name escapes me, thanks for a great visit and I will see you again later this year. All of you made us feel like we were home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Oh my Goodness! What a wonderful review from such a Terrific Couple! We certainly remember you and so very much appreciated your kindnesses. Christina and all of our Staff are true "caretakers' who want to be sure you have all that you need and try to take special steps to ensure you feel appreciated! We loved that you chose us to spend such a special
Anniversary with and we all enjoyed the care you took in ordering special items for your celebration! And we are truly thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations! We all so very much hope that you will come back to us on your 39th and 40th and 41st and.................. :)
Best Wishes!
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were very pleased with our standard room and friendliness of the staff. Our room was clean, newly renovated, and the inn was located within walking distance of restaurants and the trolley into Old St. Augustine. We definitely would stay here again and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
We all, at the Cozy Inn, appreciate your words and taking the time to write a review for us! We are very happy that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our "Cozy" Inn! Please come back again - we'd love to see you!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a great time staying at the Cozy Inn. The townhouse suite was the right size for our family of four; everything was clean and almost new. The service was excellent! It's close enough to walk to the historic district but for our little ones (a 3 year old toddler and a baby), it would have been too much effort. It was nice to have access to great restaurants and even chain/fast food places, so we could grab a bite without going far. The drive to the Anastasia State Park beach was just about 10 minutes, and it was a nice route (you see the lighthouse and parts of the old town on your way). We would definitely recommend this place and we look forward to our next visit! My only wish is that breakfast would be included... oh well!

Room Tip: It would be a tight squeeze to share the townhouse suite with four adults, but doable if you don'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thanks for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed the Townhouse experience - it is great for families that want to feel really at home with a full kitchen, bath and bedroom loft. We try to offer all kinds of amenities. It sounds like you really got around our beautiful city and enjoyed your stay! We are so happy you had a such a great time with us. We always try to figure out a "breakfast" but it's very difficult when you don't have a large common area like the chains. But we do have other "Charms"! We will certainly take your feedback and think :-) Thank you for your suggestion and your wonderful comments!
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the street you don't have a clue of how wonderful this place is to stay. My wife and I stayed in one of the townhouses (#36) for 2 nights for our Anniversary. From the time I called in to book the room until the moment we left all was perfect! Well worth the few extra $ over what we have paid to stay in some of the local "Chain" hotels in the past. Zero street noise and close enough to stores, restaurants, and a very short distance to downtown district. When we opened up the door we were greeted by a welcome card for our Anniversary with a bottle of San Sabastian wine and two glasses! Everything we needed was there; a full kitchen, two flat screen TV sets (one upstairs in the bedroom with the king sized bed and one downstairs as well), plenty of extra towels and blankets if needed too! The cleaning staff was very accommodating and friendly. On the day of our check-out we met the owner and he was sincere in asking if we were satisfied with everything. He recommended a restaurant for lunch and gave us coupons for a free glass of wine or beer with lunch. We did take him up on the offer and enjoyed lunch overlooking the water by Vilano Beach. We can't say enough of how much we enjoyed our stay! All the posts about it being spotless are true!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Townhouse #36, very nice. I peeked in one of the other rooms, a deluxe suite I believe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for this review! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I really thought I had - but see that I didn't. Thank you for your patience!
We all appreciate your comments. You are wonderfully descriptive in your experience from day one until you left us and it's great to see how pleased you were. Our Staff is incredible and everyone works together to be sure that you are comfortable and have everything you need. We also believe that if you choose The Cozy Inn to celebrate a special occasion - we should help you celebrate and show our appreciation. If you trust us to help you celebrate - we had better come through for you! We are thrilled that you feel that we did. Again - thank you for your comments and please come back to visit us - again and again! Take Care!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a single night with our two dogs after leaving a beachfront hotel, and we could not have been more pleased. We stayed in one of the available townhouses. The staff graciously accommodated our early check-in, and provided valuable insight to the area and our wants/needs. Though we only stayed one night, I really appreciated that they only charge a pet fee per stay, not per night (we could have saved a bundle by staying with them and had a better stay than the other place we stayed on beach). I highly recommend this property to any interested in staying very close to the historic old town, whether you bring your 4-legged friends or not.

• Stayed May 2013
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi there. I just saw where I hadn't responded to your wonderful review and I sincerely apologize. We are very happy that you had such a good experience with us! As you can see - we are doing all we can to make sure you and all of our guests enjoy your accommodations and that you have everything you need! We are glad our pets enjoyed it too :) and very much look forward to your return visit! Thank you again for taking the time to write about us!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Making the rounds again in Florida. I probably stay at more hotels in Florida than the average person, and when in Northeast Florida, this is the spot! Rooms are tastefully appointed. Each time I am given a different room. Each of the rooms so far have had a bit of a different, call it unique, sort of ambiance. Everything is at your fingertips and the rooms are pristine, call that CLEAN! No bugs, no critters, nothing but a sound (read that as soundless), comfortable night's sleep. Free blazing fast internet is provided if you are in need of connectivity. It's close enough to everything, and far enough to be away from the crowds. I think it's run by a family? So, everyone around seems to care about everything. Being a pretty busy place, and supported by some good, solid reviews, makes for a good choice to stay here whenever in town.

Room Tip: Depending upon what your needs are: room "type" choices are plentiful. Ranging from a coz...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
What a great review - and we sincerely thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are thrilled that you stay with us each time you are in the area. I truly speaks to the fact that you feel welcomed, comfortable and know each time that you will be staying in a clean and meticulously maintained room or suite. You captured so many things that we work on to keep us the Inn that is just a little different than other places you could stay. Our rooms are Cozy and Clean, Our suites are each different in décor and theme and just as Clean and Cozy as the standard rooms. We do try and make sure our guests are well taken care of and show our appreciation in every way possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions - this mean so much to all of us at The Cozy Inn! We are waiting for your next visit and hope to see you soon!

Been to The Cozy Inn? Share your experiences!