“Great food, great service by Fabian & great view sitting on porch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acapulco Mexican Restaurant

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #269 of 485 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great food, great service by Fabian & great view sitting on porch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Fabian was an excellent server and very attentive. We sat on the porch overlooking the waterfront and the view was wonderful. Food was excellent with large portions and great flavor.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brooksville, Florida
“Quality of Food has plummeted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants in St Aug. (Back alley pizza is still number 1). But on our last visit it was terrible. The upstairs is closed, they said for lack of A/C, but the outside balcony upstairs never had A/C anyway but it did have a great view of the fort and the waterway. But the main reason we went was the food. But the food (burritos) was perhaps the worst Mexican I or my wife have ever had. I had the red sauce on beef (tasted much more akin to spaghetti in a tortilla). My wife had the chicken with green sauce which was completely tasteless. There are plenty of other options in the city so definitely try those. (on the plus side the burritos were only $7.50 apiece)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Inedible, disgusting, worst money I've spent.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

So we just returned from St. Augustine, and we were recommended by two people to go to Acapulco Restaurant on the end by the fort. They both said the food was good and the view was nice. So, we went. Bad choice. Maybe it is because the weekend is busy and we went during the week so the food wasn't as fresh because traffic was slower. But it was horrendous.

The guacamole came out and it was brown. Now I consider myself a somewhat Mexican food aficionado, and I couldn't even stand eating it after taking one bite. My husband managed to get some of it down because he said he was just hungry and wanted to eat something.

Also our waiter kept disappearing. Overall it was a horrible experience. We paid and still left a tip even though the food was inedible, because that is the type of people we are, but I thought I should warn folks of how awful it truly is.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Quite a bit of food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were here for lunch and the portions were very large. The food was quite tasty and the service was just right. Great location.

Visited September 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Excellent service and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I ate lunch here the Friday that Gentlemen of the Road took over the city. We were part of the out-of-towners taking over. First, Maribell, our server, was excellent! She was very friendly and helpful!

We ordered queso and nachos and loved it all. My husband is Mexican and from Texas, so he is quite picky when it comes to Mexican food. He was thoroughly impressed. We both agreed that the refried beans were definitely authentic and delicious.

We sat on the second floor, inside and took in the sights of the Fort and the waterways.

Maribell and the food were a perfect start to a great weekend in SA.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere