“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Daytona Beach, FL
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Everything about our stay was very nice except for the food served in the restaurant. Neither my husband or I cared for our meal. Since we were celebrating our anniversary, we were very disappointed. However, the restaurant staff could not have been nicer about it! We were impressed by their effort to accommodate us. All-in-all we enjoyed our stay. Next time we'll just plan to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
I thank you for the good rating for our hotel. I apologize that our restaurant did not live up to your expectations. We always try to please and I hope you told our restaurant manager so we could adjust your account. When you return, please let me know so I can see we provide you with a meal up to your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Right around the corner from the Square and center of the old part of the city. Parking was secure in underground lot for $21. Worth it, because we had bikes on the car, and we could walk to everything. Room was clean and well-decorated, surroundings pleasant. Our room was on the 1st floor on the back next to the street - very noisy until 2 a.m. from people partying on the street on Fri night, and noisy in the morning with truck traffic. Overall, though, a really good experience and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back street are noisy with party-goers & truck traffic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. I understand your noise issue and we are working on creating some noise reducing measures that may help this situation. We thank you for writing and look forward to your return.
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had the Bed and Breakfast package and we were told by the wait staff there was a "LIST" of guests who would receive the breakfast included in their stay. Well we were quite suprised that the Front desk happily charged us for services already paid for. When I mentioned the "LIST" he acted as if I was full of it. He did not even bother to check. He realized his error when I explained how upset I was becoming. He never fixed his error and we have been ripped off by the pencil whipping front desk clerk. Imagine that, a beautiful weekend for my wife after she had been bedside with a terminal relative for quite a while and we get the service we did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the misunderstanding. You were booked in on a rate that included breakfast and inadvertantly, the restaurant sent your breakfast over as a normal charge. The desk clerk actually found the issue and corrected it. He even came to have me discuss the situation with you, but you had already departed. The erroneous charge was removed prior to your departure and I apologize for the oversight. I assure you that my staff have no reason to add charges to your room and would not knowingly do so. I hope you will return, I am sure you will find this was an isolated incident.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of all the action. You also have a wonderful view of the bay front. They have valet parking $21, and they meet you immediately when you arrive. Very friendly and helpful staff. I had a standard balcony room. The room was in the yellow building across from the lobby #203. The room was clean and decorated beautifully. I had to check out the balcony...it was large but overlooked the reception/check in area, so not much of a view, but I Sat out there for coffee and reading. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable, with a fridge and safe. I did go down to the restaurant for drinks, which was very nice and the food looked amazing. Lots of restaurants and nightlife all within walking distance. As a gold hh member, I received free waters, and complimentary breakfast buffet, which is really awesome! I look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Not many rooms have balconies, so ask for a waterfront balcony room. Pay the extra money, you will n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HiltonGM-USTHD, General Manager at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
After such a great write up, all I can say is thank you an behalf of my staff and myself. We need to hire you as a travel writer promoting our hotel. Thank you very musch, please return and see us soon.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Wonderful location to enjoy a great city. The staff is great. The parking fee is a little steep at $21.00 per day but parking is a premium in downtown St. Augustine and the Valet staff is extremely helpful. Plus, once you arrive you really have no need for your vehicle because most things are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room, the view is great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind remarks and rating of our hotel. We realize parkijng charges are not a guest favorite but they are a necessity because of the undergrould construction require to provide it. I am also pleased to know you experience good service during your stay. Please return top see us soon.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here one night on a drive to Miami. Great location for seeing the historic area and plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Room was comfortable and clean with a good, free internet connection. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel but right next door there was a nice Martini bar where you could sit on the porch, have a martini (for $12.00, but good) and look at the bay. Next morning we walked to the Castillo de San Marcos (the old fort) for an interesting tour.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your taking time to send us such a positive evaluation. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon. Hopefully you will be able to stay a little longer and enjoy the many sights and experience of our nation's oldest city.
Okatie, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

To access your room, you have to walk through the bar and restaurant. The overall appearance of the lobby area was dingy. The halls were not clean and in need of a make-over. The location is ideal for walking to the main area of St. Augustine. The price at $250. per night and the $21. per night parking fee was no bargain. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Tip...stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you found our hotel's atmosphere contrary to your taste. Our hotel has been built as boutique style property with decor representing the Second Spanish Era of St. Augustine (early 1700's).In order to do so, the layout is certainly difeerent than the normal Hilton experience but many of our guests consider it quaint and inviting. Obviously we didn't succeed in your case. and I apologize for our failure to do so. Please always feel free to immediately bring your dissatisfaction to managements attention. We will go out of our way to correct the situation if at alll possible. I do appreciate that you found our staff' to be friendly, we strive to instill service first at all times. I hope you will consider returning and give us a chance to change your opinion of our hotel.

Been to Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront? Share your experiences!