“Absolutewly wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 Saint Augustine B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“Absolutewly wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I booked this trip as a surprise for my girlfriend at a moments notice the night before. Glenna called me within an hour ti verify my reservation and to introduce herself. I was very demanding up front about different services and options, and Glenna graciously facilitated everything I asked for with a smile on her face. I told her what I wanted as far as gift baskets/carriage rides/massage therapists, and she coordinated everything and made it happen. She even upgraded us to a better suite for no extra charge.

When we got there, her service was phenomenal. Thanks to her hard work and her recommendation of a restaurant (Rhetts), the "right moment" came and my girlfriend and I became engaged over the weekend even though I hadn't planned on asking yet.

Despite the number of other bed and breakfasts in the area, she will be my first choice for B&B in St. Augustine in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I love St. Augustine and usually go at least once a year. We have stayed at several B&B's, but this is our favorite.

We Stayed in both rooms at the carriage house. Both are nice but the one with the kitchen included leaves little room to move around. The breakfast's are very good and Glenda is an awesome host. The evening treats are nice to come back to after a day on the town.

If you get into town prior to check in. You can park your car in their lot and visit the town.

They are reasonably priced compared to the other B&B's.

Room Tip: If your looking for privacy, the carriage house is your best bet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Central FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

One block south of King Street so I was in section which I consider to be "Old Town". On this trip to St. Augustine, I wanted to frequent places in that area. Glenna is a very gracious hostess and works extremely hard to meet her guests needs and her housekeeper does the same. Plentiful breakfasts with social hour at 6 pm. Since there was complimentary wine, I made sure that I had a small amount before I went out for lunch and dinner. The fellow guests were very nice and friendly so we got to share info with each other. That is one of the many things I like about staying in B&B's. The garden is a lovely place to sit outdoors although weather was hot and no breeze. Let me also emphasize the incredibly low prices Glenna offers for her suites and rooms. I got the least expensive suite with a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom with great jetted tub in the Carriage House for only $89 a night on weekdays. Since I am on a tight buget at this point in my life, the cost enabled me to enjoy a 2 night mini-vacation.

Thank you Glenna....Jan in Ormond-by-the-Sea

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

The room was great with a private porch overlooking a quiet street.
Good Food
Great prices

Room Tip: # 4 was great
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

The Inn is a beautiful Victorian house decorated in period style. The common area and the rooms are utterly spotless and comfortable. It is located a few blocks from virtually everything in St. Augustine. Breakfast is good and the the unexpected extra of cake and sherry in the evening was delightful. The owner is friendly and happy to share the impressive history of the house.

Stayed May 2011
Tifton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I chose the Peace and Plenty Inn for our anniversary getaway. This was our first bed and breakfast! This place is on a quiet street but is still in the heart of Saint Augustine. Perfect walking distance. We had a peaceful nights rest and the breakfast was AMAZING! We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We checked in around 5 PM, but it really only seemed as if the sheets were changed to prepare for our arrival. There was hair all over the bathroom, on the floor, in the tub, even on the toilet seat! The inside of the shower curtain had quite a bit of mold on it. It made me wonder if any of the surfaces had actually been wiped down between guests. The carpets were dirty. I was really disturbed by it and did not get a good night's sleep because of the lack of cleanliness. I'm not a complainer, and I'm sure that I have come into contact with another person's hair before while traveling, but this was excessive and I'm not sure how it was overlooked.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
peaceandplentyinn, Owner at Peace and Plenty Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Our stafff's goal is always housekeeping excellence and guests' comfort. We are very disappointed in this reported failure. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so that it will not happen again.

Been to Peace and Plenty Inn? Share your experiences!