“Loved!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 904-342-8377
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Wolf's Museum of Mystery is the personal home of Wolfgang Von Mertz. It houses amazing and rare items from all over the world to include the following galleries: An Alien Mortuary A Shotgunned Sasquatch Exhibit A Horror Movie Theatre Room A Dark Art Gallery A Lizzie Borden Bedroom A Voodoo Room A 40 Foot Carnival Gift Shop Even an exorcist bathroom and much much more. It's always changing and what makes the museum especially unique is everything is for sale! So visit Ali, Wolf, their husky Chinook, Mr. Nibbles in the lobby, Burt - the man eating rabbit in the courtyard, or one of their three cats always meddled somewhere in the home. You won't regret the experience! $5 Entrance Fee
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Loved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We loved this place. So many things to look at that we went though the downstairs twice. Another bonus were the awesome animals in the house and courtyard area. Super friendly cats, rabbits and a giant Alaskan sled dog! Definitely worth $5 admission plus we used our $5 credit on hot sauce. :)

Visited April 2014

“A must do in St. Augustine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stopped by last night when we were in town as we always do. You can't find a better deal in St. Augustine! $5.00 to get in and you get that ticket price in credit toward any purchase in the store. The people are nice and always make you feel welcome. I highly recommend Wolf's to anyone who likes oddities and unique art...and the theater up stairs is a nice bonus:)

Bethany Beach, Delaware
10 attraction reviews
“A Fun, Off-the-Beaten-Path Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

When I knew I was going to be doing St, Augustine solo, due to being a golf widow, I knew Wolf's would be my first stop. I love all things "strange" and this definitely didn't disappoint.

Now, this place isn't for everyone, but they make that well known from the get-go with a sign on the front porch. The highlights for me were the stuffed giraffe, the beautiful husky, the infant gas mask, and the delicious popcorn. Interesting combo, I know. The $5 admission fee is a sweet deal... What else can you do for $5? And, yes, it can be used as store credit. Unfortunately, everything I wanted (and I wanted a lot) was out of my budget.

The coolest part for me was seeing the Manson letters and realizing the Wolfs are from Delaware, like me!

I would recommend this to anyone who likes the unusual. This is nothing like The Lightner, so I have no idea how they could be compared. It's definitely apples and oranges.

Thanks to the Wolfs for welcoming everyone into your home! I hope to return one day.

Medford, New York
5 attraction reviews
“I was really disappointed in Wolfs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the things ideally wanted to see. The collections were somewhat interesting on the first floor, but the second floor horror rooms I found to just be silly. The 5 dollar admission can be used against a purchase, but honestly nothing I would want to buy. They are a store that charges admission. If they didn't do that, I'm sure they would be out of business. If you like interesting collections, head to the Lightner museum, which was fascinating.

Visited March 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida
“What a collection!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

It's hard to imagine that all of this is just one man's collection. From antique movie paraphernalia and real skull caps, to Lizzie Borden's purse and a butler who will creep you out at a quick glance, this place is a MUST SEE. The owners are very friendly and will engage in conversation. It's only $5 to get in, and they'll give you a $5 gift certificate good for anything in the store. (everything in the museum is for sale, I understand) Don't miss this creepy little treasure of a museum!

Visited March 2014
Wolfmertz, Owner at Wolf's Museum of Mystery, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
We are lucky to get people like you to visit with and then who go the extra mile and take the time to write us a big fat review. Thank you very much!