“Great food, view and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reef is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 483 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, Bar
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Florida
“Great food, view and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

You can't beat the view at The Reef -- and the food makes your visit pretty memorable too. Although of the the entrees seem a bit steep and a tad overdone for what really is not a formal restaurant, you will find the quality of the food is great. Casual dress is fine -- sadly too many people didn't take the time to change out of their shorts, t-shirts, baseball hats and flip flops to dine in what appear to be a more formal dining room with crisp white tablecloths, linen napkins, candles and flowers and superb service. But there is a great bar, patio seating for casual ocean view dining. Shrimp and lobster risotto one of my favorites. Great wine selection -- and they mix a mean martini. Try it for lunch, too -- less pricy but same great food and service. And the view, oh the view...

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Good Morning,
Always nice to hear from our diners.
Chef Bob and our staff aim for the ultimate experience.
We look forward to your return.

Always

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great.Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was recently at the Reef and the food was just so delicious. I had the Shrimp & Lobster Risotto and it was the bomb. It was a great place to eat and the view isnt bad either...

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello,
Thank you for your kind words as we aim to please....We love what we do here at The Reef and are very lucky to have a view to share.

Our weekly dinner specials change Fridays as chef Bob is always surprising us with something new.

See you again soon

Canton, South Dakota
“fun night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

this place has great atmosphere and excellent food. Beautiful veiw of the ocean while you eat or just sit at the bar.

Visited June 2013
Good Morning,
So glad you enjoyed yourself, we do have live entertainment every Friday and Saturday evening from 6:30-10pm as well as Happy Hours 3-7pm 7 days a week.
Hope to see you again soon.

Tennessee
“Beautiful oceanfront dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is a lot I like about this restaurant including the view right on the ocean, the bread they service. Amanda the server was really nice and attentive. Relaxed atmosphere. The food was good but I should have not gotten chicken but got seafood. My mistake. The chicken was cooked properly but was just so-so.
Problems:
First, it has a gorgeous oceanfront view with huge windows but all the windows are so dirty you can't really enjoy the view. They should change this ASAP
Second, I came in and wanted to be seating in one of the two areas that have table cloths. The hostess told me the sections were closed and my only choice was to sit on the high top table bar stools which were very uncomfortable. I asked her again it there wasn't some other place I could sit and she said rather rudely, you have the choice of these 4 tables (in the bar area), pick any one you want. So I did. Then I kept seeing her taking people back to one of the areas with the table cloths and asked the bar man why I couldn't sit there. He said I could and didn;t know why she told me that. So I moved. At first I thought maybe she thought I was underdressed but it was lunchtime and there were people there in shorts, tank tops and flip flops. I have no idea why she singled me out and wouldn't let me sit at those tables. The server Amanda was really nice and made up for it.

Visited May 2013
Jeremy T, General Manager at Reef, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello,
I am so sorry for the confusion and we assure you this will be cleared up immediately.
We are in hopes of seeing you again soon, please feel free to request Amanda again.

I look forward to having you dine with us again soon.

general Manager
Saint Augustine, Florida
“My favorite ocean-view dining experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Reef is independently owned and operated and is part of SAIRA, which is like a VIP club for St. Augustine's most unique independent restaurants. (Raintree, Sunset Grill and South Beach Grill are all in there too) This one I love the most because it is right up on the beach and you can watch the ocean and the sailboats clearly from your table.
They have excellent food including some great steaks and for my date the last time I went- a tasty sushi-like fish dish. This one is nice enough that I keep it for special occassions like dates, anniversaries and family visits.

Jeremy T, General Manager at Reef, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for supporting independent, we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return visit.