“Too Pricey for Horrible Food and Service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 486 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Chowder
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Description: Our full service award winning casual Restaurant features the finest seafood, steaks, salads, and Caribbean style cuisine. Take a little trip to the Caribbean, we're just a short drive away. Sit down under a palm tree on the outside deck or dine in one of the unique Jamaican styled grass huts out over the water.
“Too Pricey for Horrible Food and Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

It was a surprise celebration for my boyfriend's recent graduation. We arrived around 9ish not knowing they were closing in 2hrs. We sat outside since most of the seats were dry. Btw they canceled all the shows due to the "light" rain. Our waitress took our drink orders and then disappeared until we flagged her down minutes later (those were her actions throughout the night-disappearing). Then we waited about 1 hour for our meal (keep in mind they weren't crowded due to the rain and closing time nearing). The wait was too long. Since this was my 1st time here, I ordered the most popular dish which was the FL Cracker Combo for about $23. When my dish arrived, it was a meal for a infant! One piece of fish, 4 shrimp, stuffed crab,and lliterally about 3 fried oyster n side of mash potatoes. I was highly disappointed about the portion size for what i was paying. The fried food was warm and had no flavor. Due to the fact, i hadn't eaten all day, i neglected to send it back n ate what i could tolerate and season with salt. The restaurant were minutes from closing and I didn't want to wait another hour if i reordered.Some if the other guests sent back there food as well. The manager came and i explained everything. His compensation was a free drink....wow! Not very impressive. With 4 drinks and my meal, my total bill was about $60! I will only return here for entertainment, atmosphere and drink specials but not for food! I was highly disappointed as well as some of my guests.I hope thus helps! Go for the entertainment not the food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

orlando
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

When I first pulled up in the parking lot I was not impressed with the location. The hotel beside the restaurant looked run down and there was a smell of garbage that I could not locate where it was coming from. The hosts and waiters were very pleasant. If you are dining with a group ask for one of the out door elevated tiki huts. You will have a great view of the marina. I recommend going during sunset. The food was good. One of the people who was dinning with me was celebrating a birthday. They were given a free key lime pie desert that I could not help but to try. I recommend that for desert. Will definitely go back

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Another One go for the Atmosphere not the Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food at the Conch House is okay. We started with the fried calimari which was a little too soggy and elastic band like. It came with hot peppers and this made it a little more enjoyable. There were four of us and two of us decided to share a pound of boiled shrimp. These were very good. The burgers were average. The view on the other hand is excellent. Sitting in a hut often requires a wait. Having visited before I had always wanted to sit in the tallest hut in the restaurant but as yet have not been lucky enough to get that seating. No matter which hut you sit in or for that matter even if you sit in the restaurant the view is spectacular. This is definately a must visit if you are in St. Augustine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have gone a couple of times recently.. Mostly with out of town guests due to the fun atmosphere. However, I have had some really fantastic experiences and a couple not so fantastic both in food and service quality. I wish they were more consistent because then my review would be much much higher. They are 'good' just not 'great'.

Visited June 2013
Orange Park, Florida, United States
“If for no other reason, go for Reggae Sunday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl so I can't really comment on the mostly seafood menu, but my friends and family and out of town guests all say it's great.
I go for Reggae Sunday.
It happens every Sunday throughout the summer, and it is the best way to dance your stress away and have a great time! Young, old, multinational, gay, straight, dancers, non dancers, hippies to hipsters, and the best person of all is Ms. Gloria. She is quite a bit older but just as spunky as everyone else and she never misses a Sunday! She's on the dance floor nearly the entire time! Anyway, the bands are always great and you're right on the water with great views and a delicious (& slightly expensive) Goombay Smash in hand. What more could you ask for? There are 4-5 different bar areas so there's never really long lines. It is the best way to unwind and make new friends, and relax mon! (21 and up and a $5 cover)

• Visited June 2013