“should have eaten somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, British, Bar, Pub, Chicken Wings
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch
St. Petersburg, Florida
“should have eaten somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband were in St. Augustine for a small vacation, and stopped in to have a nice dinner. I knew I should of just paid for our drinks and left when I went to order the sheperds type pie that the English are famous for and they were out of it. They were also out of another pie dish also. My husband ordered a pasta dish that was suppose to have fish and seafood in it and there was hardly any of either in it, most of the shrimp were only they tails, the oyster shells were empty and there was only a couple bites of the fish in it. I ended up ordering the chef salad which was big and a good amount of everything in it, but not what I really wanted. We also ordered the fruit and cheese plate it was about the only thing we both ate. The waitress never came back to see how things were until we called her. If I were you I would pick someplace else to eat, I know we will when we visit the area again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

“Love the idea, wish I tried more food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in for a beer with my daughter on a very hot day. I love the concept. Looks like a place from the time of St Augustine's origin. I just had a few harp drafts and ordered a "governors platter" it was a few slices if cheese and some fruit. The apple was already brown when it came to me. I'm not sure if that was part of their plan to make it seem historic, that apple for sure was from around the late 1500's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Should have eaten pizza up the street”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I should have known it was going to be a let down when one of the most authentic British meals (shepherds pie) was unavailable. I ordered the seafood peleau, what a mistake. Half of the shellfish were empty and 3 of the 7 shrimp only had the shell portion of the tail that you don't eat. Of course the manager or owner wouldn't have known that the food was substandard because our waitress never even asked how we liked our meals. I suggest you try the pizza joint down the street.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“What a letdown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our last stop on our last day in St. Augustine - but we should have quit while we were ahead. The service was just fine but the food was bland to just plain bad. They don't even have bathrooms on site - you have to go to their "sister restaurant" down the street for your necessaries.

Canberra, Australia
“Stopped for happy hour drink should have eaten elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stopped in at the Bull & Crown for a cold beer on a hot afternoon, during happy hour. The service was pretty good and the beer was cold. We should have left it at that. When we ordered they first reported that they did not have the spinach salad, but then they did. So we decided to stay and eat. Mistake. the oysters were sort of dry and tuff. The cottage pie was edible but had little flavor and the mashed potato on top tasted like it came out of a packet. We dont usually eat at places that have costumed themed staff and this experience reinforced that prejudice.