“Bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #132 of 483 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located right at the docks of Camachee Cove Marina, we offer spectacular waterfront views with both inside and outside dining. Enjoy the freshest seafood and casual cuisine served in a relaxed setting. We have something for everyone including the kids! The Harbor View offers stunning 2nd story views of the Intracoastal Waterway, Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor and the teeming tidal marshes of Saint Augustine.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Probably one of the worst meals we have ever had in this area! The prixe fix meal was very bad. The fish was not fresh, the pie was like a piece of cardboard but the salad - not bad! The service was terrible. The waitress left us for long periods of time without asking us whether we liked the meal or if she could get us anything. The view was fine but not spectacular. We will not be going back here at all and we would not recommend anyone going either!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I am sorry that you didn't care for your meal, except for the salad. We do pride our kitchen in getting and serving fresh, local fish daily. I would have loved the opportunity to fix the situation as it occurred and did follow up on your visit with your hotel. We still extend the offer to correct the situation when you visit St. Augustine again. Thank you for your input.

The Villages, United States
“A delight. Great atmosphere and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Ate dinner on the covered patio overlooking the intercoastal. A 4-pc band was doing a wonderful performance of 'Santana' tunes. I like simple fresh quality ingredients, so I don't like fried, breaded, pastas, sauced or cheesy dishes. I really liked the menu, which gave me choices of good fresh food. I chose the Mediterranean salad topped with mahi, which was great. A little pricier than a similar salad at home. Altogether a delightful evening.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I really liked your review, thank you for taking time out of your day to post it. That band is called Mario Peral and His Latin Jazz and has played around town for years. Look to see him next spring and summer when we start next year's music program.
Southwest Florida
“Dinner at Kingfish Grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My nose starts my whole dinning experience. And my nose said this place was not as clean as it should be. We had very good service. The sushi was unusual in a good way. My shrimp and grits were not. My husband had a potato horseradish fish (forget which one, on their site it was a signature dish) it was bland and ordinary. The oysters may have made my husband ill, he said they tasted like they had been frozen? On the upside I had a really good drink, but my husband said his was weak. The location was good. I expected more, and was disappointed overall. Their website looked so good. I think I may have enjoyed everything more if we were outside. The place has potential if they clean better and get a new cook. The table next to us never got the bread he was told "was coming in just a few minutes" I heard the waitress make a joke about with him as he left. You have real potential...come on get it together, and you could be a really great restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
KingfishOwner, General Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I am glad that you thought that our restaurant had great potential. Most of our guests love the food, ambience and view, and our service. Please visit us again and we will get you outside to give you the best experience we have to offer.
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very good waiter but expected more as far as food goes. The food was good but not any better than the restaurants I go to in my hometown area. Great view however and pet friendly. Also pricier than average for the meal we received.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant. We are pet friendly on the grass picnic area and have a spectacular view of the water, wildlife, and an active marina. In such a place you can expect higher food cost, but our prices reflect most of the other casual finer dining places in town, and deliver a great product.
Shirley, New York
“Very Good food, service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

There were 5 of us who had a variety of dinners on 2 nights. All the food was very tasty and well presented. We ate outside both nights and had a nice breeze and view.

Visited September 2013
KingfishOwner, Manager at Kingfish Grill, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are so glad you had a good time on your visit to Kingfish Grill. Thanks for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.