“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went to the Black Knight because the word on the street is that they have the best ethnic food in Flordia! I believe that is correct! The seating area is small and basically in the middle of a grocery store, but to me it is great. It reminds me so much of the Polish deli's I grew up around in Cleveland, Ohio. I bought food to take home with me that was a great "homemade" touch to our Easter dinner. The only thing I didn't know was that it is a cash only establishment. The items are a bit pricey, but probably because they are shipped in, but they were worth the price. I probably would have purchased more items, since I drove a little over an hour to get there, however, I did not have enough cash on me. I will shop here and have lunch again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Great little deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

There is no atmosphere at this little Polish deli, which is part of its charm. You can buy all sorts of foreign groceries and some candy, but the main attraction is the deli part. I had a huge Cuban sandwich that was excellent. It came with very good potato salad and a pickle for $7 (it was the special). It's in a strip center so it's easy to miss but if you're looking for a quick bite it's well worth keeping an eye out for.

• Visited February 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As others noted this is not a place that will catch your eye on the drive by..small deli/polish market at the end of an older strip center but decided to give it a try figuring it's been there a long time so they something must be right about it. Was not disappointed! Owners were very nice. Had an excellent pastrami and corned beef sandwich on rye with the meat stacked high. Prices were fair and all sandwiches served with pickle and chips (some places nickel and dime you). Looks like a really good selection of polish beers so that's on my "to do" list the next time!

• Visited January 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We discovered on the net and visited twice so far. Altough the location and the restaurant is not very attractive, the sandwiches and patatoe salad is out of this world. You can also try some of the best Polish/Russian deli. It is definetely worth going for a change of taste a

Tatiana & Jean

• Visited October 2012
Jensen Beach, Florida
“I LOVED IT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was by far the best deli I have eaten at. The Rueban was excellent and my husbands clue sandwich was just as amazing. We happened to stumble upon this place while waiting to check into our hotel. I am so happy we did! You have got to go check this little local jewel out.

• Visited August 2012