“Good Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
95 Cordova is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 485 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King
Description: Enter 95 Cordova through hand painted gold leaf Moroccan arches into the elegance and allure of 95 Cordova Restaurant. Fine dining with Moroccan/Spanish influence has attracted the most discerning diners from all over the world. We also specialize in fresh seafood and our very own 95 Chop House Menu.
Lakeland, Florida
“Good Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Brunch was great! A ton of selections. The atmosphere is very chic. I loved it. Only the price was a tad much. Dinner sounded great, too, but we didn't make it there. (Yum, peach bread pudding with lavender cream).

Visited January 2013
Gina B, Manager at 95 Cordova, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We are please you enjoyed your brunch experience. We are always reviewing our brunch offerings to ensure our guests receive a worthwhile and unforgettable dining experience. We hope that you are able to return and join us for dinner in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Parrish, Florida
“Will not disappoint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Ambience: Comfortable and charming, Service: The best I have experienced in St. Augustine, Food: delicious, fresh, interesting selections to wet the appetite, wine: excellent selection
cocktails: top notch martini's, a 'must' to begin the dining experience.
Will definitely go back when I next visit. Not ideal for taking children too but perfect for people who really enjoy cuisine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gina B, Manager at 95 Cordova, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your incredible comments. We are always pleased to hear such good reviews on both our service levels and food and beverage offerings. We look forward to your return.
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious food good environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The food is good! My husband and I ordered the sampler which was a five course meal with wine pairing and we both were very satisfied. The portions were very generous for fine dining and the staff was very accommodating assisting me with surprising my husband. The environment was very warm and cozy. Overall good experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gina B, Manager at 95 Cordova, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We appreciate your great review! The sampler is one of our most popular menu items. We make every effort to make each dining experience a memorable one. Thank you again for your comments.
Central Florida
“Breakfast was cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Eggs benedict was good, but cold. Potatoes were hard and cold. My husband got an omelette and he enjoyed his.

Visited January 2013
Gina B, Manager at 95 Cordova, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear of your breakfast experience. We hope that you will join us again in the future.
Key Largo, Florida
“Incredible venue with awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

When visiting St.Augustine over ten years ago with my parents, we ate at Casa Monica hotel (not sure if the restaurant was 95 Cordova back then). The hotel and restaurant made such an impression on me that I remembered it and wanted to visit it again on my next trip to St.Augustine. Fast forward 12 years to my 26th birthday, I wanted to have my birthday dinner nowhere other than at the Casa Monica hotel. The hotel itself is incredible. The walls are hung with fabric in the intricate Spanish style archways, and everything is gilded in gold and rich fabrics/colors. There is a separate martini bar area. The restaurant is quiet and cozy, and very elegant. Coming from the Florida Keys (where restaurants are $20-35 per entree at any place), I was expecting the prices at this restaurant to be pretty high, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was cheaper than most of the places we eat at regularly in the Keys. For two beers, a $13 glass of wine, a cup of soup, two entrees, and a dessert martini, we spent about $130 (with tip), which we thought was pretty good, all things considered. I had the most incredible Filet Mignon I've ever had in my life, it just melted in my mouth like butter. My boyfriend had the Duck Two Ways, which was also amazing. The only thing that annoyed me was the Filet didn't actually come with a side dish. The price quoted is for the steak only. If you want a side, it's $5 extra. The waiter doesn't tell you this, however, he just asks what side you'd like, and then you see the charge later on the bill. I thought it was kind of ridiculous, I mean, when do you ever just eat a piece of meat with nothing else? Maybe that's why it wasn't as expensive as I had expected, because you actually get less (usually restaurants like this give you a side dish as well as a soup/salad with the entree). The duck, however, came with two sides (rice and greens).

Either way, this one minor annoyance didn't spoil the evening, as the rest of the meal was quite enjoyable. This is definitely a place that you dress up and have a nice evening, not just a place you pop into for a quick bite. We were there on a Saturday night and there was a wedding going on in one of the adjacent rooms so you could hear the boom of the bass from the DJ. I'd recommend going there on a weeknight if you want a quieter, more romantic night.

The hotel has valet parking (which ended up being a god-send, because we were able to get the parking ticket validated by eating there and only had to pay $5 for parking, and we were able to leave the car there while walking around the downtown after dinner). The place is definitely a must-see, if even for just a drink at the martini bar. It really is incredible. I would recommend making reservations for dinner on the weekend. I'm glad we did, they were packed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gina B, Manager at 95 Cordova, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are pleased we made such an impression on you in the past and even more delighted to hear your recent experience was just as good. Thank you for your comments regarding the pricing on the Chop House menu. We will look to clarify the menu so that it is not so misleading. We hope that you are able to join us again soon.