“Inconsistent” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We went in a group on a chilly evening. We sat outside, believing that we would have gas heaters to provide warmth. When we asked for one we were told that they couldn't get them to light. There had to be twenty sitting there and some in our party were shivering, but our requests were ignored. The food was inconsistent. The clam chowder, which they say won awards, tasted straight out of a can. The steak on the surf and turf, which was ordered medium rare, was well done. The fried shrimp were very good and the grits and blackened shrimp were excellent. Some in our party were satisfied with the experience, while others not happy at all. Overall, very inconsistent.

Visited March 2014

“By the bay, outdoor dining if you choose, delicious food and pet friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

after a long rainy day we were hoping to find a restaurant Patio that would open when the Sun came out. At O.C Whites the umbrellas arose, the seats were wiped off and the music was playing. The patio dining began filling up and we were seated in an amazingly comfortable chair with a wonderful view. The best part of all was that I was allowed to bring my Chorkie.(Chihuahua- Yorkie) Only leashed and friendly doggies are allowed.
I ordered the shrimp and grits, something I've never had, and it was spectacular. My boyfriend had the salmon cooked medium and it was a giant piece of fish over rice with broccoli and it was delectable. Our servers name was Tonia. She was very friendly. She sat down at our table told us a little bit more about the area. We had great service and enjoyed the live music out on the patio. There is a large beautiful trellised area covered with Confederate Jasmine.
An important thing to note is not to drive around for hours looking for parking O.C Whites has their own parking lot to the west of their restaurant. It's for their restaurant patrons only and there's a man out there who guards the lot. We wasted about an hour looking for parking.
The food was reasonably priced about $16 per entree. I've been here once before years ago for lunch and I was definitely glad I came back. I did mostly because they were pet friendly but I'll be going back again because of the great food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, MA
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We ate on the outside balcony. Wonderful food, music, views. Service was very good. The building is situated in a great place.

Visited March 2014
Clermont, Florida
“Great service, consistent food and healthy portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice relaxing place for lunch or dinner with a water view...Inside seating as well as outdoor seating typically with entertainment....Full bar, steaks, seafood, salads, etc.....Something for everyone....Close to several B&B's and convenient when in downtown with their own parking lot next door....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, FL
“Hit the spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Service was friendly and attentive. She quickly refilled drinks (we were thirsty!) and food came out in a very reasonable amount of time. We ordered a bruschetta appetizer, which was good, but we expected mozzarella with it. Perhaps we didn't read the menu, but it's what we're used to, so we wanted it! My 15-yr-old son had the chicken sandwich/fries and ate every last bit. I had a Caribbean salad with grilled shrimp added. Delicious, but HUGE! Hard to imagine getting full on a salad and still having a lot on the plate. The bill was issued and handled quickly. We were very satisfied! The dining room was cozy and warm, and had a relaxed feeling. The bar looked like a place I would go if I was staying in town. The location seems prime...right near the marina. If we ever stay in town, we would try again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere