“Great Location, Average Food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 444 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great Location, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I took my son and daughter-in-law to dinner late Sunday afternoon. We went at 5 pm because we know the place fills up later and often has a line.

This is a great location right on the marsh. "Old Florida" style. Looks like a large boat house built on a dock. Waiting is not bad if it is later in the evening or later in the year. It's hot waiting in the sun during the summer.

We were disappointed in the food. They have a varied menu with many unusual items. All of use opted for shrimp in one form or another. It was just average. Prices were reasonable. We were hoping for something special and were disapointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chelsea, Alabama
“My food was soso, everyone else enjoyed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I ate here with family while on vacation. We shared the steamed seafood platter. It was not all that good, lacking flavor and not very much came with it. I guess we are use to a steamed platter being enough for two. The others in our party did enjoy their fried seafood platters. Great view.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

after reading all of the good reviews... my friend and I decided to check it out. The atmosphere is nice. Everything else lacking... I wanted Oysters.. they had about 5 or 6 oyster dishes on the menu... sorry, we don't have Oysters tonight. What? then tell people that when the sit down! Then my friend and I chose something else on a specials menu they had... oh, that is not our menu... that menu is from our sister property about 10 miles away. My friend had ordered spicy clam chowder... it was more like vegetable soup and not a clam to be found and her vodka martini tasted watered down... sent that back, paid our bill
and left!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Illinois, United States
“Great Atmosphere Long Waits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The atmosphere is great. You feel like you are in an old fishing camp. If you don't get there early it gets crowded very quickly. The food is very good, lots to choose from. Nice for families if you don't have to wait too long. Would recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“A Must Visit Restaurant !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you like great food and a atmosphere to match then head out to Cowboys.The restaurant is off the beaten path but thats what makes it special,the parking area is dirt and some pot holes but the place is very RUSTIC in the middle of a swamp with outdoor and indoor dinning.We sat outside and it's beautiful with the gigantic oak tree growing through the deck and the wild cats and raccoons that hang around.
Our waiter was very attentive and did a great job in answering our questions and going over specials.I had the Florida Cracker combo,frog legs,gator,and cat fish it's more than you can eat.The other three in our party had fresh Snapper,fresh Wahoo and shrimp.You will NOT be disapointed in the portions very big and cooked perfect.SHAME ON YOU if you don't try SALT WATER COWBOYS.

• 4 of 5 stars Food