My in-laws are Blue Green owners, and my husband and I spent a week with them in a 2 bedroom unit in Building 6. It was very empty and quiet during the first week of January. We spent a good amount of time relaxing at the resort, and also traveled to historic St. Augustine and St. Augustine Beach for some sightseeing and eating out.
- Large unit with almost everything you need to cook, and a super nice Publix grocery store just a few miles down the road. We made many of our dinners using the outdoor grills (awesome!) and kitchen.
- Convenient location off I-95. (Not as fun as staying near the beach, though.)
- Heated pool, so we could swim in January.
- Our washing machine was severely off balance, and they repaired it immediately when we called.
- Very nice tennis courts.
- View of the beautiful golf course from our balcony.
- A short walk to the World Golf Hall of Fame, store, and Caddy Shack restaurant.
- Excellent gym with LifeFitness equipment. I was impressed by the quality!
- TV with DVD player & free internet access if you are an AT&T internet customer.
- Comfortable mattress. We slept very well.
- Something in the machine room in building six made a terribly loud, scary noise. We were told it was the generator, but no other building sounded like that. Luckily it did not impact our sleep very much.
- The outside hallways smell like gas, which is from the hot water heaters. Luckily we did not smell this in the unit.
- Sheets and towels are a bit thin and rough.
- Hot tub was closed for maintenance. Probably the best time of year for them to do it, though.
Overall, a fun and enjoyable vacation! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country club living at Grande Villas at World Golf Village is unsurpassed. This year-round golfer's mecca offers two championship 18-hole courses designed by legendary golf pros Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer. And that's just for starters. There's plenty to do for non-golfers, as well. Practice your backhand on the tennis courts, shoot some hoop on the basketball court, perfect your spike at the volleyball net or pump some iron in the fitness center. After you've worked up a sweat, cool down with some leisurely laps in the spectacular heated pool. The showplace of Grande Villas, the pool is as refreshing to the eyes as it is to swimmers and sunbathers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Grande Villas at World Golf Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Villas At World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Grande Villas World Golf Village
- Grand Villas World Golf Village
- Grande World Golf Village Villas