“Yummy breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“Yummy breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate at Jaybird's twice during our romantic weekend. I was expecting the normal diner type restaurant with average food. I was wrong. The first morning I had the Eggs Benedict. YUM!!!! Absolutely delicious!! My boyfriend had the Skillet which he said was pretty good. For him, that means it was delicious. The second morning, he tried the Breakfast Burrito. It was huge!!! A great value. He really enjoyed the burrito. I had a ham and cheese omelet with Gouda cheese. I was very impressed with their cheese options. We sat inside the first morning. Nice decor with beautiful nature photographs on the walls, just like in their hotel. Clean, which is extremely important to me. The second morning, we sat in their garden dining area. Very comfortable and quiet. The staff was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend Jaybird's for breakfast. Maybe next time we will try lunch and/or dinner.

Visited October 2013

“My new go to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My family and I come to Saint Augustine at least twice a month as a weekend getaway or just a day trip. JayBirds has one of the top two breakfasts I've had in my life. I am a eggs Benedict junkie and this beats any I've had since my first as a little girl in New York . Our server was wonderful as can be . The patio is beautiful and not what you expect from the road. Three thumbs up!

Florida
“breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food and service were excellent, the wait staff outstanding and professional and even though the place was packed, we never felt rushed, the food was top notch

Visited October 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Can't miss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great breakfast spot. Usually eat here once a week. Full bar - don't miss the Mimosa's or the Bloody Mary's if so inclined.

My favorite is the breakfast burrito due to the pork green chile used to smother it. Great outdoor patio that is dog friendly (just enter one of the courtyard gates).

While I normally eat here for breakfast, the dinners are quite good as well. It's very well run - the owners are there most days slinging food with the servers.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
st. augustine, FL
“not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband went for dinner on a Wednesday night and sat on the patio. The weather was nice outside. I thought the patio would have looked better and more inviting if they had all the umbrellas in the open position. There was hardly anyone there. Happy hour had good priced beer and well drinks which we took advantage of and the drinks were good. I ordered fried shrimp and my husband ordered chicken parmesan. My shrimp tasted frozen and completely over cooked and dried out. So disappointed that I could not even find a shrimp in there. The fries were good and the cole slaw came in a tiny cup which I though was a skimpy amount. My husbands chicken parmesian was "so so" he said, and we were surprised that not one slice of bread was offered or served and the spaghetti was skimpy as well. I felt other places would have served that with a small salad as well. He finished my shrimp because he was still hungry. The prices were high for what you got. The server was nice and the meal was served prompt. I'm only writing this review in hopes they will read it and change things!

• Visited September 2013