“Degraded and Embarrassed by Staff” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Tampa, Florida
“Degraded and Embarrassed by Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Know they changed the kitchen a bit, hope they changed the staff. Driving through town I saw the advertisements for ice cream and buckets of fudge. Walking the streets of St. Augustine, figured I'd run to the restroom before taking a look at what they had to offer since I was craving something sweet. On my way to the restroom a lady stopped me to yell and degrade me for having to use the restroom before making any purchase. I was completely embarrassed by an older blonde lady sitting at a table chatting it up, just for needing to use the restroom that she had to clean. Disgusted, angered, and on the verge of tears, I walked out of the restaurant. Ruined my first night in a such beautiful, historic city.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
GaryE2012, Owner at Fudge Buckets, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your review and info. Yes, the kitchen has changed drastically since November and that staff member no longer works here. It's a shame you didn't get to try our food or sweets, because as you have seen and heard it is certainly worth the visit. We do not refuse restroom service to anyone. I would love to invite you back so that you can give an honest evaluation of our products and services rather than a complaint about someone that you encountered back in November. That is why Trip Advisor is so helpful to our guests, they can make decisions based on their actual purchases and experiences. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit.

brooklyn
“Sadly have to revise my review due to changes in the kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The biscuits used to be great, now dry and crumbly. There clearly was a change in the kitchen. Menu is not as good and food is merely average. Too bad:(

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
GaryE2012, Owner at Fudge Buckets, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I am so sad that you encountered a less than perfect biscuit! Try us again- I bake the biscuits myself, and am REALLY picky about how they come out. Next biscuits are on me- and I promise they will be fabulous! Gary
Madison, Alabama
“Quick Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Dipped in to get fudge. Was greeted by a friendly young lady and were offered samples. Walked out with 5 fudge buckets and pieces.

Visited May 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very good, but difficult to get in with a stroller and toddler. But that's typical for an historic area, part of the charm.

Visited May 2013
Fulton, Maryland, United States
“Great server, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Really pleased with the service here, warmly greeted at door, and waitress was really nice. We just had breakfast, and nothing really fancy, and it was good, but can't really comment any more about the food since we didn't eat that much here. They did let us sample the fudge and it was quite tasty.

• Visited April 2014