“You get what you pay for - lamb not included.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95

You added Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95 to your Saves list
Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2365 State Road 16, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 (Formerly Travelodge Saint Augustine I-95)   |
Ranked #76 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Seattle, WA
“You get what you pay for - lamb not included.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

When making hotel reservations, my friends and I knew we couldn't be too picky if we weren't willing to pay a lot. For $40, Americas Best Value Inn gave us a locked room and beds to sleep in, as well as danishes for breakfast. When we drove up, the hotel sign said "Travelodge," and the information sheet in the hotel room said, "Econolodge," but our reservation was made under "Americas Best Value Inn."

The place gave us the creeps. There were a lot of single shady-looking men standing around the property, and we heard a lamb bleating throughout the night. We only had two towels in our room, and no telephone. We also had less than one roll of toilet paper that we ended up using up right before we checked out. Not all of the lights worked, and even the remote was iffy. The place just felt unclean and unsafe. The staff were friendly enough, and the location was good, though. We were minutes away from two outlet malls, and were pretty close to some of the historic areas.

Looking back, we would have paid $20 more for a nicer place, but for what we paid, it did the job.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Jasper Fl.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed one night in this hotel that will be our last night in that hotel, the room smelled moldy the beds were tiny, the faucet to the bathtub was falling off . last of all they had only two towels in the room we had a family of 4 i went up to the office and asked for extra blankets for the night because there was only one cover and a sheet on the bed.
when i asked the lady the office attendent for covers i got the third degree it took me 10 minutes of explaining to the lady why before she went and gave me any covers at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

We hit the hotel hard because we were in town during the middle of an apparent festival, so we were raped according to the price, it was $90 (with a government discount) a night and the quality was terrible. The room smelled of mold and scum, the bathroom was crowded and completely filthy. On the back of the bathroom door, the word "crap" was carved, I must say it was very appropriate to the room. The only thing nice was the pool. I will never again in my life stay at an "America's Best Value Inn". Apparently, pets are allowed, I wouldn't take them, they may adopt a few fleas.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Tampa FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This is a very old hotel. The carpet really needs to be replaced (very matted and dirty) and the furniture was old/ cheesy. Breakfast was just toast, bagels and donuts and coffee and juice. They did seem to keep the place in the best condition possible and it was otherwise clean, but it really needs to be renovated. We stayed there just one night and I booked it through Hotwire since we had a credit with them. I would NOT pay Hotwire's price, which was about $60 with fees.... the advertised price on their billboard sign is $40 and up. It's ok for a night if you're looking to stretch out for a bit, but definitely not a place I'd recommend staying long term.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

After reading the reviews i was a bit sceptical about staying here. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very basic as you would expect for the price. Rooms were clean and came with microwave and fridge. Breakfast was provided and was the usual toast, coffee, juice etc. After speaking with one of the staff, it seems that the hotel is now under new management since the begining of the year and many changes/improvements have occured and from reading other reviews i think it was needed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

They dont care if you have a reservation. Booked and confirmed room several days before arrival. We even called the DAY we were to check in to make sure everything was ok. Arrived at 1245am, room was guaranteed since we are Choice members (their reward program), Front desk staff was RUDE, "we dont have any rooms", stated we have a reservation, "NO you dont all our reservations have checked in", stated well we have a reservation number, "I dont care we dont have any rooms". Left the hotel and called 800 number for service. This hotel was told to find us a room elsewhere and pay for it by customer service. They sent my 21 yr old son and his room mate (also 21) down the road to another hotel. Just as they show up 7 police cars, fire resue and ambulance do as well some guy is banging on the office window all cut up and bleeding. They go back to this hotel and they say "SO" and dont try to find them something else. AVOID AVOID AVOID. They put my son in danger and when they came back down 1 block to the Econo Lodge they did not care and did not try to find them something else. 800 Customer service manager did care though, but still could not do anything but send them over an hour NORTH and we still had to have the boys pay for the room.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

We originally booked reservations at St. Augustine Beach Front Inn but then the next day saw the reviews and decided to cancel them and quickly booked a stay at the Econo Lodge. The reviews weren't the best here but, the price was good and there was no reviews saying their was rats crawling over them when sleeping like at the Beach Front Inn.

The employees in the front office were very nice. We arrived early and they politely told us to come back at 3 pm which was the check in time. They went ahead and checked to see if our reservations were made and were very nice about everything. We came back at 3 and she gave us extra towels since the room only had towels for 2 people.

Previous reviews on this site said that the rooms were filthy, I thought our room was very clean. The maids were very nice as well, we left to go to breakfast and right when we were walking out of the door they asked us nicely if we needed room service to clean our room and give us extra towels, we said yes and came back about 30 minutes later and the room was very clean and they had replaced us with fresh towels.

Our room was on the opposite side of the road so I never once heard cars or trucks during the night. It was very peaceful and had a great night sleep both nights I was there. The continental breakfast was very basic but was the same as any other hotel I have been too but, the room was kind of small but there was barely anyone in there when I went in so it wasn't a big deal. Another thing was the pool was very clean and was opened until 10 PM. We were in room 132 which is right afront of the pool but on the opposite side of the road like stated above, I thought it was a pretty good spot for a room.

• Liked — nice employees
  • Disliked — nothing, it's very good for the price! ($71 a night)
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!