“Don't Bother!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95

You added Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95 to your Saves list
Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2365 State Road 16, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 (Formerly Travelodge Saint Augustine I-95)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #76 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Apopka, Florida, United States
“Don't Bother!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

First of all this place was reccomended by a friend so I agreed to give it a try. We checked in, turned the ac on in our room, unpacked our bags and hit the town. When we got back to our room at 11:00pm the ac didn't work. 2 rooms later a smaller bed and 1:00am we were going to sleep. We got half off our room that night. We decided to stay another night even though the ac wasn't that cold because we were already there. When we checked out and were on our way home we realized we left a bag in one of the 3 rooms we ended up in. I called right away but the lady Bobby I talked to was so rude and refused to give me her supervisors phone number and would not take my info saying I will not get the bag back anyway and housekeeping cleaned the room already and did not turn anything in. Needless to say that bag was gone. Will never stay there again and neither will my friends that reccomended it in the first place. NOT WORTH the cheap rates pay the extra 10 bux to stay at a better place!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Cloverdale, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

First off, let me start by saying that I have worked at a hotel for many years, so please trust me when I say I know hotel standards very well. When visiting St. Augustine, my friends and I came across this hotel under several names (econolodge, America's best value inn, travelodge...etc). We came to the hotel and were told that it doesn't have a set name because it is "undergoing a change of owner". We checked in and went to the room, feeling very uncomfortable since the only other people in the lobby at check in were the desk clerk's seemingly entire family, lounging around like it was their living room. Immediately upon entering the room, I saw water dripping from the ceiling.... our room was on the 2nd floor. I checked the beds for bedbugs and found none, but the room gave me an uneasy feeling. Sure enough, after walking into the bathroom, I found a large cockroach dead beside the toilet. We grabbed our things and all but ran from the room. The lady at the front desk told me that bugs are to be expected. First of all, being a outdoor motel i understand that bugs can get into the room. But having cockroaches is a different story altogether, and she really should not have been so blase about it. Not to mention it was dead. If the housekeepers were doing their job, there wouldnt BE dead bugs in the room! Wouldn't go back, wouldn't recommend. The staff was incredibly rude and well, the cockroaches are just dying to stay there.

(fyi, the Comfort Inn next door was absolutely LOVELY)

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Air condititioner old and blew warm air. Room clean but smelly and carpet filthy. We ended up leaving.
Went to days inn. There should be an ordinance or some standard that places should be accountable to.

• Stayed August 2011
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Cheap budget motel. Extremely noisy A/C which hummed and vibrated all night but in Florida you need A/C. Very good basic room. Outside pool was being used up to 10:30. No WIFI or Internet. Some lamps missing bulbs in room. Staff lack professionalism seemed a family business.

• Stayed August 2011
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

When making hotel reservations, my friends and I knew we couldn't be too picky if we weren't willing to pay a lot. For $40, Americas Best Value Inn gave us a locked room and beds to sleep in, as well as danishes for breakfast. When we drove up, the hotel sign said "Travelodge," and the information sheet in the hotel room said, "Econolodge," but our reservation was made under "Americas Best Value Inn."

The place gave us the creeps. There were a lot of single shady-looking men standing around the property, and we heard a lamb bleating throughout the night. We only had two towels in our room, and no telephone. We also had less than one roll of toilet paper that we ended up using up right before we checked out. Not all of the lights worked, and even the remote was iffy. The place just felt unclean and unsafe. The staff were friendly enough, and the location was good, though. We were minutes away from two outlet malls, and were pretty close to some of the historic areas.

Looking back, we would have paid $20 more for a nicer place, but for what we paid, it did the job.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Jasper Fl.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed one night in this hotel that will be our last night in that hotel, the room smelled moldy the beds were tiny, the faucet to the bathtub was falling off . last of all they had only two towels in the room we had a family of 4 i went up to the office and asked for extra blankets for the night because there was only one cover and a sheet on the bed.
when i asked the lady the office attendent for covers i got the third degree it took me 10 minutes of explaining to the lady why before she went and gave me any covers at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

We hit the hotel hard because we were in town during the middle of an apparent festival, so we were raped according to the price, it was $90 (with a government discount) a night and the quality was terrible. The room smelled of mold and scum, the bathroom was crowded and completely filthy. On the back of the bathroom door, the word "crap" was carved, I must say it was very appropriate to the room. The only thing nice was the pool. I will never again in my life stay at an "America's Best Value Inn". Apparently, pets are allowed, I wouldn't take them, they may adopt a few fleas.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Saint Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!