“My Experiences Were Good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“My Experiences Were Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I'm a local resident of wonderful St. Augustine, and first tried this place for its Brazilian menu (before they added Italian fare). Chef/owner and waitstaff are very friendly and informative about their menu. I told a couple of my local friends about "Cafe Sol"; they have become regulars. (Now their sign reads: Restaurant and Cafe Solo - not "Sole" or "Sol") I had an early dinner there last weekend by myself, and tried their version of eggplant parmesan - outstanding. It's a small place, and definitely worth the wait if they're crowded. If the weather's nice (most of the time, it is), treat yourself to an outside table.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Something Good and Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

A group of us travelers from up the coast were staying at the Casa Monica hotel for a few nights (reviewed separately) and I found us this neat little place for lunch, not far away on old Aviles Street, nestled among a number of other interesting restaurants (Cuban, Italian, Greek/Polish, etc.). While there are plenty of other places to eat all over downtown St Augustine, I recommend that you check these out. You'll be happy that you did. We arrived at Sol B. and the staff pulled together a couple of tables so that we could have lunch together outside. No problemo. Drinks came first and I was sorry that there were no beers from Brazil or Portugal, but good US craft beers were available. I had a signature sandwich, the Copacobana (photo) and others had salads, shrimp, and sausage, all prepared with, I guess, a Brazilian/Italian twist, whatever that actually is. See the photos. Whatever the case, the food was very good (even though the mashed potatoes for my sandwich arrived late), the service was fine, the price was right and the atmosphere, given the balmy St Augustine weather, was just peachy. Oh! The only odd happening was that my partner ran across the street and brought over some freshly made perogies to supplement her salad. No problemo. They were very good, too. We'll no doubt be back the next time in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Ignored”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had dinner here recently. There were only 2 tables occupied - mine (2 people) the other (10 people). While we were sitting and waiting we heard the proprietor rattle off the specials for that evening and then at the end rattle off the desserts. We received none of that personal attention. The proprietor did apologize saying they were short staffed. But she did have plenty of time for the other occupied table. I think some time management on her part may have helped. After all every guest should feel welcome.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

great food and staff, particularly Angelo and wife, were wonderful!! planning on coming back with a bunch of friends :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GAINESVILLE
“For those craving Brazilian food in St. Augustine FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife (a Brazilian) and I heard about this place from friends. The waitress made us really good caipirhinas. She seriously took about 3-5min on each drink. The food was very flavorful and the menu had many Brazilian options (my wife was impressed). Some of the food has a slight Italian twist which makes it unique. Everything is fresh ingredients. Service was fantastic. The waitstaff and owner were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. We split the feijoada and mango mousse desert...very good! We would definitely return on our next trip to try other things on the menu!

• Visited November 2013