Clearly the reviewer complaining about beach access is reviewing the Holiday Inn on St. Augustine Beach and not the one in the historic district. I'm also dumbfounded after reading another review stating that this is not in the historic district. What? It is exactly where it states it is. I think you need to reserve a "Suite" if that is what you are looking for, if you are traveling with family/kids that may be a better option for you. As a couple, we found our room to be all that we needed with a queen size bed, a desk, microwave and mini fridge. Room was nice and clean with a big bathroom . We will definitely stay here again. The location was perfect for us (about a half mile from the fort and St. George Street) and the room was nice and clean. Saw some other hotels we considered staying in when we were there and were very glad we opted for this one, as others appeared quite run-down from the outside. This hotel looked pretty darn new to me. Overall we were very pleased with this hotel and will be staying here again for another long weekend of enjoying beautiful St. Augustine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine