My Viet Nam veterans reunion was held at this hotel with about 50 people attending. It was an "outstanding event" held in the PERFECT hotel. The staff could not have been better from the booking manager, the front desk staff, the waitresses in the dining room, the maid service, and the cleaning staff. I did not hear one complaint about anything from anybody during the 5 day event.
The hotel furnished a large hospitality room, over 30 large guest rooms, plenty of parking and all of the ice, tables, introduction boards and red, white and blue decorations in the room.
My wife and I have stayed in many hotels in many places and this hotel was by far the most friendly and clean place we have ever stayed. The rooms are large with a microwave and refrigerator, tv, internet and comfortable clean beds. It is also within walking distance to all of the trolley stops, some of the historic attractions and many fine restaurants.
The complementary breakfast was a full breakfast buffet from cereal, baked goods, eggs, sausage/bacon, grits, corned beef hash, fruit, biscuits, sausage gravy, waffles and juice.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone whether you are just passing through St. Augustine or having a reunion of any sort. This hotel was clean, well maintained, excellently and professionally staffed and above anything else, FRIENDLY.
We had a great reunion thanks to this hotel and staff.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.