“Have to give an excellent review.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1302 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Commerce
“Have to give an excellent review.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here the night of Oct. 20th and the room was wonderful. It had two queen beds and a pull out sofa so everyone slept comfortably. It was clean and the staff were friendly. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express so I was able to get the room with reward points, and they did not disappoint. I have to give a shout out to Michelle for helping me get my laptop shipped back to me after I stupidly left it in the room and didn't realize until the next day and 1000 miles away. The staff is top-notch and professional and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
On behalf of the staff of the Holiday Inn in St Augustine, I give our highest appreciation. I will happily let Michele know that she did a wonderful job for taking care of your laptop. I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed the time you spent in St Augustine. Naturally, if you find yourself in the area again please come and stay with us. Thank you and take care.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
alva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you are staying in St. Augustine this is a great hotel to stay at. You can walk to the fountian of youth catch the trolly and ride into town. No need to drive your car to town and pay to park. You can leave your car at the hotel and ride the trolly into town. You can walk to town but a bit of a hike. The staff was wonderful and very helpfull. The room was very clean. Plenty of parking and well lit. Has a large pool that was very inviting. Breakfast was well stocked and had all we needed. Thanks to the staff for a great job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your kind words. I hope the visit to the Historic District was pleasant and the walk was not too much of a bother. I will definitely pass along the good news to the staff about the job they did. Also, I see that you enjoyed our amenities such as breakfast, the pool and spacious parking. Once again, thank you for everything and please visit us again when you return to St Augustine.

Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pros: close enough to historic district if you don't mind a 10 min walk and 2 min walk to both trolley stations (old senator and old jail). We got free breakfast and were very pleased with the service and food selection/quality! Would've been worth the $ if it wasn't free. King room with whirlpool is pretty great! The whirlpool is in the restroom so it doesn't steam up the room, but it has a window looking into the room so you can watch tv from tub (and also watch companions shower ;0) hehe). Tub/room were very clean and comfy bed. Business center was free and a huge help when I needed to print something last minute! A lot of hotels charge for that.
Con: the wifi is terrible!!! I almost gave 4 star because it is useless!!! I'd rather pay extra than not have in room wifi. I also specifically requested a room with strong wifi, but will chalk that up to bad wifi throughout all rooms and not a customer service oversight since the customer service was great. I hate to belabor this point, but Internet is an integral of travel, which is why tripadvisor exists haha

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time out let us know how we treated you during your stay with us. I am pleased that the Historic District was easily accessible to your party. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the spa. I hope you had a good opportunity to spy on someone showering:) Finally, I wish to apologize about the WIFI situation. I completely understand how important the Internet is to travelers as I use it on a daily basis myself, including any trips I take. We actually have new equipment but we need to some adjustments for coverage. At any rate, I appreciate everything you had to share with us and please visit us again when you are in the area.

Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Although the location is very good and the reception was very welcoming, I must say this hotel did not completely live up to our expectations and we are regular Holiday Inn visitors. I had requested for a room as far as possible from the elevators and instead they put us the closest possible to it. Probably misread my remarks on the booking, we did not bother to ask for a different room and had no complaints about any noise. We had the impression we were on a smoking floor, although I had requested for non smoking. Misread again ? Breakfast service was efficient with nice food but louzy coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the issues with your reservation requests. We usually strive to acccommodate all requests and it appears that we missed the mark in your case. I hope that you will continue to use the Holiday Inn brand and I thank you again for your comments.

Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very friendly staff and Chris recommends some great sights/ food around st.Augustine. hotel is easy walking distance to all the sights within the historic district and a block away from the trolley. Check out the little coffee shop next door...great coffee selection and breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your fantastic comments. It is always a pleasure to know that we treated our guests well. I will pass along the good word to Chris for his recommendations also. City Coffee is an excellent coffee shop as you say and I trust that many more people will be aware of this now. Take care and we hope to see you again.

Groveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We've been to St. Augustine many times over the years and have stayed at several different properties but we've found the Holiday Inn to be the best choice for us in the historic district. The cheaper hotels can be pretty nasty and the more expensive ones just not worth the money. This hotel has been around for a number of years but is very well maintained, inside and out. The rooms are spacious, very clean and well appointed with flat screen tv, wired and wireless internet, comfortable beds and large bathrooms. The air conditioner was efficient and vey quiet, which is not the case in many other places. Everyone we encountered on our recent Sunday/Monday night stay was freindly and pleasant. Our request for extra pillows and late check out were granted promptly without issue. We had room service breakfast on both mornings
and were happy with both the food and service. Note: The menu items can seem expensive, especially when the $2 service charge and 15% gratuity are added, but unless you're a really big eater, one of their three egg omlets (huge), large pile of skillet potatos and toast is plenty for two people to share, which is what we did. Our server was kind enough to bring our coffee order in large foam cups, which actually gave us two regular cups each, a nice gesture and much appreiated. Others have commented that the location is not walking distance to the historic district, but unless you're mobility impaired, that's not the case. It's probably a 15-20 minute walk past some interesting shops and restaurants and for us very enjoyable. If you're planning a trip to the historic area of St Augustine, I can highly recommend the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room, quiet air conditioning and all. I will pass along to the front desk that your requests were promptly addressed with a smile. They will love hearing about it. Also, I will not forget to let our breakfast personnel know that they did an excellent job. Finally, the feedback on the walk to the center of the historic district is much appreciated. Once again, thank you for your time and great remarks. Hope to see you again!
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Spent just 1 night at the Holiday Inn before a flight out of Jacksonville and we wished we could have stayed a lot longer.
Easy to find as its on a main road - not noisy though. Every receptionist we spoke to was brilliant, polite and friendly and really knowledgeable about the local areas.
Hotel itself was clean and comfortable, room was really big and we had a pool view.
Didnt use the restaurant but it looked ok.
The best part of this hotel was its location. It was an EASY walk into the historic district, even in the August heat. We walked there and back twice during the day that we were there. Anyone who says it isnt obviously never walks anywhere.
The receptionist recommended the Raintree restaurant when we asked where was the best place to go and we loved it, great food, great atmosphere and only a 5 min walk form the hotel.
We loved St Augustine and this hotel and would definitely go back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mark F, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. I will let the front desk know that their recommendations were useful, especially about the Raintree. Also, thank you for the good words on the cleanliness of the hotel. Finally, I am happy that the walk to the Historic District was easy for you. Thank you again for your time and appreciation.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District? Share your experiences!