“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crocodile Crossing (at Alligator Farm)

Crocodile Crossing (at Alligator Farm)
999 Anastasia Blvd, Saint Augustine, FL
904-824-3337
Website
Improve this listing
Charleston, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husand did this last week! He did the 3 zipline course, says it was worth every penny! He even got to see alot of "behind the scenes" stuff! Watched them do the training, very thorough and helpful trainers...you have to get through obstacles between the ziplines too! One of the guys followed him around on the ground and even gave us a bit more personal information on the gators....My husband said it was so much fun, difficult course, but next time he is doing the 7 zipline course! Everyone that works there truly loves their job!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Repeat Visitor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We do this every time we come to St Augustine. It can be hot so go early. We think the course is great. The only drawback is when you get stuck behind someone who is a lot slower on the course than you are. You can spend a lot of time waiting.

23 attraction reviews
“More of an aerial obstacle course than a zip line, but lots of fun!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is not for the weak or faint hearted, because even though your always harnesed to the attraction and can't fall, it can be extremely challenging as you walk tight ropes, cross swinging logs, swinging bridges and even ride a skate board on a tight rope! But it's also lots of fun! It's very hot in the summer and you will not be allowed to wear hats, fanny packs or back packs or be able to carry water bottles. However, there are several water fountains in the trees along the way. If you wear glasses, wear a croakie, you will be sweating and your glasses will fall off! That happened to several people in our group. There are always staff below helping to guide you and to retrieve fallen items. They were all really nice and helpful.
Why the low score if we had such a great time? We've ziplined around the world, but never over a giant pit of alligators. That's the main reason we went! There are two options, a short and long course. We were told by friends that the longer course was too much in the heat (up to two hours). When calling to book our reservation, we asked if the shorter course also included the zip line over the large alligator pit (alligator crossing) and we were assured that it did. I even asked why the longer course was more expensive if they both went over the larger alligator pit. I was told that the only difference between the two was that the longer version had more obstacles. That was a no-brainer for us- shorter obstacle course (about an hour) and a zip line over the large alligator pit! I was pretty ticked off when I got there and noted that the shorter version did NOT include a zip line over the larger alligator pit, only a much smaller one! That may be okay if you're not used to seeing alligators, because there were quite a few small alligators in the pit we crossed over, but for those of us who live in Florida, a few small alligators is not such a big thrill. We have those in the ponds in our back yard! When I told them we had been promised a zip line over the larger alligator pit and I was REALLY dissappointed that we weren't getting what we were promised, they could have cared less. Unfortunately, with 5 in our group, we couldn't afford the upgrade as we had already booked additional activities elsewhere. Needless to say, I was not wearing my happy face for a while.They could have least given us the additional photo in our photo package instead of charging us the extra $8.00! Seriously?! Bottom line, get the name of the person you speak with by phone ( not sure if it would have mattered) and if you want to go over the larger pit, it will be $65.00 instead of $25.00 and probably still worth it. At the end of the day, it was something really different and fun. I'm not sure if I would go again, because I hate being mislead but I would still recommend it to others. I had to give it a low rating, because that's what I promised and I keep my word! I think this is the only low rating that I've ever given on trip advisor. Too bad they couldn't at least say they were sorry for the error.

Saint Augustine, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“Great birthday present”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family gave this to my husband for his birthday. HE LOVED IT. He is difficult to buy for and is rather difficult to please. HE LOVED IT. He wants to do it again with our children.

Visited August 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had visited St. Augustine before but had never been to the Alligator Farm. If you are looking for a fun way to see the zoo try the zip line/obstacle course at crocodile crossing. My teens and husband loved the adventure and said they were able to see a lot of the animals from above. During the summer try to go early or late as it is hot and you will be getting a workout. Also make your reservations in advance. We didn't and had to come back later as the early slots were already full. It takes two hours to complete the long course. The guides are very helpful and there was always one close by in case you needed assistance. I did not go on the course because of a bad knee and didn't think I cold climb the ladders. Instead I went inside thee zoo and took pictures of my family from the gound. I was able to follow them and also saw a lot of the animals. My ticket into the zoo was half price with the purchase of the zip line.

Visited July 2012