“I always wanted to learn to surf” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 132 Activities in Saint Augustine
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Augustine Surf School wants to show you the joy of surfing. We are professional, CPR certified Surf Coaches. Learn to surf in the nations oldest city. Bring the whole family if you like!
Montgomery, Illinois
“I always wanted to learn to surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was making a short trip to the area and had always wanted to learn to surf. Rather than rent a board and spend a day in frustration, I decided to try surfing lessons. Dustin worked with my variable schedule and set me up with an instructor. The instructor was able to get me up and riding the waves in no time. She was very patient and interested in my enjoyment. Furthermore, she did her best to educate me beyond the basics, so that next time I'm at the beach, I'll be renting a board and surfing.

Visited July 2013

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Something to remember for a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I signed my younger brother up for surf camp not knowing how he was going to do. He is 13 and sometimes thinks he is to cool to learn new things. After the first day he came home really excited, and despite being in the sun all day wanted to go back to the beach to practice. The final day was a competition and he was so excited and nervous I couldn't help but smile watching him pace the house in anticipation. We watched the entire competition and noticed that all of the kids ( 20 or so) were enthusiastic about surfing. In the hour or so that I watched every single kid caught at least one wave. These kids looked like they ranged from ages 5-15. There were enough instructors to maintain order and keep them safe while allowing them to experiment and practice. The kids were doing tricks and genuinely looked like they were having a blast. I wanted to jump in and join the fun. I would highly recommend doing this camp to anyone even remotely interested in learning to surf. I know my brother will remember this experience for the rest of his life. He lives in Colorado so it's a big deal to brag to his friends that he got to go surfing this summer.

Visited July 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
13 attraction reviews
“Patient and Personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Whether it was the weather, the strong currents or just this family of five from the Great Plains--- Jennifer was a very patient and thorough teacher. We appreciated the personal service and felt comfortable knowing these instructors also lead a weeklong surf camp for kids. We also learned some general safety tips that will help us in other water based activities.

All five of us were able to get up on our boards, despite the crazy weather and strong waves. It was nice having 2 instructors for our family of five.

Visited June 2013
Jax, FL
“Awesome Instructor, Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I took the first surf lesson of my life last weekend with Dustin of St. Augustine Surf School. He was an amazing instructor, professional, yet personable, and incredibly motivating. He was confident he could teach me how to surf, and he made me feel confident that I could learn! I am really looking forward to getting back out there for another lesson before the summer ends! To see more: http://tinyurl.com/lax94x4

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“First timer to Jr. Ripper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having only one day to spend in St. Augustine meant making the most of my trip. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to take a surfing lesson and I thought there was no time like the present. I met with Dustin and I instantly felt comfortable, knowing he would be the perfect instructor. After learning proper form up on the beach, we quickly got in to the water and I learned more technique about handling the longboard in the waves. Then it was time to ride some waves!!! After a couple attempts, I was able to get up on the board, stay up and ride the waves - all under the expert teaching of Dustin. He really made the whole experience so great and certainly didn't disappoint on any level. His upbeat attitude, easy to follow instructing style and motivation pushed me to do my very best, all while having so much fun!!! A photographer even came out and took a ton of photos that I was able to purchase at the end of my lesson - way worth it to relive my experience, long rides and wipeouts. At the end of my 90 minute lesson, I was totally exhausted, but felt so accomplished and was ready to book my next trip to advance my surfing skills. When that trip is booked, there is no doubt where I will book my lesson/rental - St. Augustine Surfing School!

Visited April 2013