“A wonderful family dining experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Oxfordshire, UK
“A wonderful family dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited the Black Molly on the evening of the August 8th with my wife and daughters, aged 9 and 7. We were in town for a brief visit and I found the restaurant by browsing through Trip Advisor's recommendations. I'm so glad that I did - we had a wonderful evening, with outstanding service and simply delicious food. Please take the time to search them out - they're located a little out of the Historic Area but the few extra minutes in the car are well worth it.

The atmosphere is sophisticated without being too stuffy, and the way that children are encouraged to be creative whilst waiting for their food was brilliant. My girls loved it and were made to feel very welcome, even though we arrived quite late on in the evening when other younger guests had made their way home.

Our waiter, Michael was wonderfully attentive and looked after us superbly - making thoughtful recommendations. The food was immaculately presented and was perhaps the tastiest I've ever had in a fish restaurant. The desserts are worth a special mention. They're made fresh by the chef / owner Jason and were quite wonderful.

In short, an outstanding experience at a reasonable cost, and one of the top three highlights of out trip to Florida this summer. I only wish we could go back but we live four thousand miles away!

89% Recommend
Palatka, Florida
“Highly Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Okay, hands down, this place has the best Marinara Sauce going. Truly. They serve it with their hand cut mozzarella appetizer. While they do have a TV over the full service bar, they manage to avoid the "sports bar" scene. The dining room is not large. Yet, the seating is spacious not crowded. It is obvious they focus on quality rather than quantity from their decor to the service. I have a food allergy and they were very accommodating in making sure I would not consume anything to make me have a reaction. Portions are generous and the price is fair. They have some quirky items on the menu for those who like something out of the ordinary. You'll find no imitation seafood here. The desserts? Well, leave room...they have to be sinful to be that good! Easy to locate, just off Hwy 312. Parking is plentiful. There is outside dining available.

Perry, Florida
“Nice friendley helpful people & GREAT FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My brother in law took 4 of us to eat for my Birthday. I had the CB and it was good. We had calamari as an appetizer very good!! Our waitress name was Sarah and she was super nice.She keep our glasses full and the seafood platters looked and smelled good also.We will be back when we are this way again

PONTE VEDRA BEACH
“Seafood Only So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It's a nice place with friendly service, but unfortunately the seafood dinner I had was not very good. The fish was undercooked, the crab stuffing quite bland with some sort of green spice that was decidedly distasteful. There are better seafood joints in St Augustine, I'd stick to the steak entrees at this establishment.

The drinks were good as were the rolls and an excellent salad. Just wish the meal had been better. The restaurant was a bit noisy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. Augustine
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stopped in here for lunch with my wife and 5 month old son while waiting for an oil change at Goodyear next door. I was very impressed to say the least. I don't like trying new places without checking reviews, but we were there, and we were hungry.

I got the blackended fish sandwich which I thought was interesting as I have never had blackened fish on a bun before. It was cooked very well, and they didn't burn it like most places seem to do. For some reason most restaurants think blackened means burnt to a crisp. Eating the sandwich itself is a bit messy so I suggest using a fork and knife unless you don't mind getting your hands messy. I also had a side of rice. The rice itself though was a little bland and didn't have a lot of flavor, but it was passable.

My wife got a griled chicken sandwich (she doesn't like to try new things), and she was very pleased with it.

We will have to come back and try out the dinner menu, although I smelled the steak sandwich another table ordered when the waitress walked by, and I may have to return for lunch to try that bad boy out.

I only gave it a rating of 4 though because service was lacking. The place wasn't very busy, but for some reason we never really saw our waitress, but when we did, she didn't notice our empty drinks and plates that needed to be taken away. When we occasionally did see her, she was walking somewhere like she had something to do, but we never saw her carrying food, or really doing anything. She was nice though, but it seemed like she was just a little spaced out or something.

Overall I'll be coming back to try out some other menu items. The prices seemed good for the quality of the food we received.

One suggestion, use actual table cloths. The paper table covering is cheap I'm sure, but it made me feel like I was sitting at a cheap buffet rather than a nice restaurant.

• Visited July 2013