“Calzones as big as you head!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carmelo's Marketplace

Carmelo's Marketplace
146 King Street, Connected to Gas Station / Convenience Store, Saint Augustine, FL 32084-4326
904-829-2337
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“Calzones as big as you head!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been here twice, once for pizza and once for a calzone like I saw the first time I was here. They are huge! The pizza was good, the calzone was amazing! And one of the best values at like 9 bucks. My wife and I split it and were stuffed. I have tried quite a few in my area and (maybe it's just my area) they are small and flat. This was perfect.
It is weird pulling up to a gas station for dinner and not being on some cross-country road trip. But once you are inside, it looks actually much nicer than most pizza places I have been to. Not the quickest service, but the server was working the whole place by herself which I totally understand. And by that, she was great!
We have found a definite stop anytime we go up to St. Augustine! Best gas station adjacent pizza place I have been to in a long time!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Finally found good pizza in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had to hunt for a place to park on the next street over but it was worth it. The staff was super friendly and the service was great. Eating out with a two year old can sometimes be a handful especially if service is slow. Not here! Everything came out quickly and tasted great. Two year old is a picky eater but she loved the spaghetti and garlic toast. Definitely try the garlic toast. We had the supreme and it was wonderful. Loved the sausage. We will definitely come here again. But come early because it does get busy.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine
“Great Pizza and very consistent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have eaten in the restaurant and ordered carry-out...all have been great experiences! How can you go wrong with freshly ground cheese and Boar's Head toppings?? This was the first time I have ever had the problem of "too much" meat on my pizza. We ordered a sausage pizza and I actually had to take some of it off! It was so good, and our friends who split the HUGE pie with us were believers after their first slice.
A little on the greasy side (the crust starts to get wet from all the cheese and toppings), but seriously good and authentic!
The servers there are all super nice and helpful (at least from my one or two times dining in).
I hope that Carmelo's is able to keep up their quality with their popularity growing, because a lot of times when restaurants franchise or open other locations, the quality goes down. I hope it keeps the small biz feel and stays this good for a long time!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Broussard, Louisiana
“Best pizza in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Pizza here is practically perfect. Sold by the huge slice or whole pie -- up to an enormous 20 incher. Try mushrooms --fresh then sautéed before adding to pizza, or roasted red pepper, which is very tasty. Their web site is excellent at listing all of the offerings. Try the Meditterean salad for a good starter. Eat in or take out is excellent, and they recently expanded seating. The only downside is limited parking.

“awesome pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm originally from NY so its hard to find a good pizzeria in florida but carmelos is one of the best pizza places in St. Augustine

Visited June 2012