“Tasty tour” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Augustine's "Original Chocolate Tour" led by Whetstone Chocolatiers. You will be introduced t the history and making of chocolate and the Whetstone story. A 4-tiered tasting distinguishes the characteristics of our dark, milk and white chocolate, cocoa nibs and more. Taste freshly made chocolates and confections while you walk through our factory. This tour is for the chocoholic with a discriminating palate searching for the subtleties that define artisan chocolates. A decandantly delicious experience!Whetstone Chocolate Factory and Store. Chocolate Tasting Tours available Monday through Sunday. Store hours Monday through Sunday 10am - 5:30pm.
Rochester, New York
“Tasty tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The chocolate was great & the history behind it was very I formative. Well worth the money. I would recommend this tour.

“A lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with the tour. At first, I almost didn't want to pay for yet another "hoakie, tourist-y" tour where I wouldn't learn or see much. But I am glad we did it! The tour was VERY informative, even for a subject I know a lot about! (I do loooooove chocolate.) the samples of chocolate were awesome, and it was great to see how a chocolate processing factory works. Not to mention, Mr. Whetstone invented my favorite chocolate concoction EVER! (chocolate orange, in case you were wondering)

florida
“Fun and informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We happened to see this place on our way into St. Augustine. We decided to give it a try, I mean who doesn't like chocolate? We were unable to get a reservation on the next tour because it was full so I recommend calling ahead to see the availability since this is a little outside of the main tourist area in Old Town. I think it is a bargain at $7, first you see a short video and learn where chocolate comes from then you get to don cool hair nets and head over to the factory where you learn how chocolate is made. This includes tasting different types of the chocolate. Then on to the the factory floor where you can see this home grown chocolate factory at work. Different things will be seen on different days depending on what they are making. You also get a couple of samples in here as well. Then back to the store for a little more chocolate and an opportunity to shop, you are given a $2 off coupon for every adult in your party and they can be combined. Great way to kill an hour or so and get dessert, perfect for tweens and young teens. Great photo ops for everyone in their hair nets as well, but no videotaping is allowed.

Visited March 2013
Yulee, Florida, United States
“So much fun for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We took this tour with a few children (2 under 4) and some adults. It was very enjoyable for everyone, the free candy was a huge plus in all our books. The tour was so informative and it was great to see how the candies were actually made. We will be doing this tour the next time we go and visit!!!

Sarasota, Florida
“I love chocolate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The tour of the chocolate factory was a lot of fun, especially for a chocolate lover like me. My best friend and I took a girls trip to St. Augustine and this was one of the events we planned. It is a very reasonably priced attraction and then there is the free chocolate! They also provide a coupon to all attendees of the tour to shop in the store. Our guide was Patricia and she was informative and entertaining. I definately recommend this tour. Enjoy!