“Healthy and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 486 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: This is a wonderful new restaurant offering an exciting menu made of entirely local produce, meats and fish. (formerly Opus 39 was in this spot).
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Healthy and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This cute, small and friendly restaurant had delicious and refreshing lunch options. They were very willing to substitute grilled shrimp for the blackened listed in the meal description. My salad was very fresh and flavorful. I had the summer salad. Our server was very friendly and kind. All the sandwiches came with salad as the side. It is the healthiest option but not necessarily the ones everyone in my party would have preferred. The kid menu was a challenge for my chicken fingers and fries preferred kid. One we got him to try some of his chicken, he liked it. This is definitely more of a grownup place. They weren't kid unfriendly, but I felt that they are not accustomed to feeding children. A fruit cup and a simple sandwich would have been a welcome addition. That being said, we had a very nice meal. I would come back with the adults in my party.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Essex, Canada
“Excellent meal and service - GF Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Chose the Floridian because of the gluten-free choices and were certainly not disappointed. The selection was fabulous and quite varied. We were also pleased that they offered a children's menu with more than the standard offerings, forcing our kids to venture slightly out of their comfort zone but still with food they recognized. Although the restaurant was full, with an anticipated 45-minute wait, they could see we were tired and found us seating in the rear courtyard. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. We each tried something different: fish, salad, waffles n pulled chicken and quesadilla. All of them were good. Would definitely recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Great menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had an extremely enjoyable meal here. The menu features many unique items, all of which use local ingredients. Service was great, ambience was delightful, prices were very reasonable. We will definitely come here again to try out other dishes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a small local restaurant in a city loaded with great places. But it managed to stand out for me.

Its very casual, owned by a young couple that do a great job.

I have been for lunch a couple of times and it's always good. My favorite is the Meatloaf Sandwich (with Pimento Cheese of course). My wife likes the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich (with Pimento Cheese of Course).

Visited July 2014
Atlanta
“BEST Meal of Our Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband & I enjoyed an outstanding meal at The Floridian! Coming from Atlanta, a city known for excellent "farm-to-table" fare, we weren't expecting the exceptionally creative meal we had. Started off with craft cocktails, the Cucumber Spritzer, (light, refreshing, YUM!), moved on to the generous fried green tomato appetizer (as straightforward & satisfying as this dish can get) & then the dilemma began…what to order?!! EVERYTHING sounded delicious! We scanned the room, asked the diners next to us, & then settled on Shrimp Pappare for the hubby (he inhaled every bit of it) & the 'N Grits dish for me (O-M-G, this dish knocked my socks off!!). My only regret is that there was no room for dessert after trying to lick the plates clean. The service was awesome, ambience perfect, & meal outstanding. Can't wait to come back!

Visited June 2014