“Always Great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I eat at Stephen's several times a month. I have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and delicious! The service is fast and friendly.

Visited October 2012

Saint Augustine, Florida
“okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When they changed their menu to mexican, I was on board, determined to come back for the delicious offerings again and again, but that didnt last for long. sorry it didnt work out, but honestly it was much much better.

Visited August 2012
potsdam NY
“Hard to find but worth the hassle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Tucked away in a little plaza it is worth trying to find this place. I went there it was Mexican...but now coming back to it's original SOUL food roots.
This guy can cook- HOLY cow- the best tacos ever...not your usual fare- big portions, low prices, great service. They are open for lunch and breakfast and serve a mean breakfast- sausage is homemade- Hopefully they will have a mexican daily special because it was the best I ever had. Glad I found it and will be back!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Augustine, FL
“Authentic Mexican cuisine - perfect seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We live in St. Augustine and read an article in the paper saying that Stephen's had changed over from "comfort food" to authentic, Acapulco-style Mexican food. We decided to drive down there and try it. What amazingly good food! Be sure to try the cheese with chorizio for an appetizer. It is head and shoulders above any I've ever had. The first time I went, I had the crispy pork tacos. They were terrific. However, some other diners were raving about their fish tacos, so the second time, I decided to try fish. I was debating between the fish tacos and fish plate - the waiter steered me toward the plate and I was soooo glad. The small white fish were so fresh and so perfectly cooked that it was incredible. That's my very favorite. On the other hand, my husband's #1 favorite is the Hot and Spicy Shrimp Soup. OMG. It is so delicious. If either one of us ever gets sick, we've made a pact to go down there and bring some of that soup home. It has a little spicy flavor - but not too too hot, a deep rich broth, beautiful fresh vegetables that still have some body to them (not limp) and best of all, there must have been a dozen fresh, flavorful shrimp soaking up the other beautiful flavors. We've only been for lunch. It's not a fancy place, but its so astoundingly real and delicious that its easy to overlook the lack of atmosphere for the substance and flavor! Oh PS: They aren't open on Monday. I made the mistake of going there on a Monday with a friend. Someone told me they weren't open on Sunday either, but I'm not sure.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Augustine, florida, United States
“I said it before and I will say it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Best food on the island... nachos Locos for the second time was AMAZING.. This has become our new weekly spot!

• Visited April 2012