“Fabulous service and great food with vegan options” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #165 of 483 Restaurants in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: SPY Global Cuisine provides a relaxing setting highlighted by a wide variety of dining options. Our kithchen offers premium steak, chicken and pork dinners as well a special seafood dish featuring lobster, scallops and shrimp. We serve a great Teriyaki Stir Fry and Thai Cocunut Curry dish with options to add meat or shrimp. We are renowned for our fresh Sushi and Sashimi which features a number of "fusion" specialty rolls that appeal not only to Sushi lovers but first time samplers as well. Our courtyard is one of the nicest in St. Augusting and our upstairs seating is perfect for date night.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
“Fabulous service and great food with vegan options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As a vegan, it can be tough to find a restaurant that works for both me AND my carnivorous friends. Spy has it all! Outstanding food, knowledgable wait staff, great service, live music, groovy atmosphere...not your typical tourist trap! I definitely recommend Spy to locals and visitors alike!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Merritt Island, Florida
“very bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We just returned from our annual trip to St. Augustine. We had the worst experience at Spy. We had 14 people in our party. We were able to get drinks and salads very quickly but food was very slow. Some of our party ordered hot food and others ordered Sushi. The hot food came out in about an hour along with one Tuna Roll that someone ordered. We were assured the rest of the Sushi would be out soon. We ordered more drinks and continued to wait another hour. Finally, the waiter said it was coming. We said we didn't want it anymore. He brought it and then boxed it up. We still said we were done waiting. Everyone was ready to go. We didn't want the food, he told his manager and he took 10% off everyones bill. No food was removed from ours. We were willing to pay for the salad and drinks but two hours was a long time to wait when everyone with the hot food was done. Two kitchens or not that is way too long.
The manager wouldn't even come talk to us. We took care of the server twice. Gratuity was included and not told to us either. 90 meal including tip and we ate one salad and had drinks.
We will not be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Um, um, good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Sat outside, the sushi rolls were out of this world. Not your grandma's sushi that is for sure. The combination of texture and taste made in a beautiful display, this is the best sushi I have ever had. Met the head chef and owner, very attentive.

Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Don't judge a book by its cover. For the building's look you wouldn't expect the quality of the food they serve. At first I thought that the restaurant wasn't going to be very good, but when they served the food I was amazed at the presentation of the sushi. I ordered the inari sushi which is tofu pockets filled with rice, but the chef fried some rice and put a delicious sauce on it and it tasted amazing. I also ordered the "007" roll and it was tempura shrimp rolled-up with avocado and cream cheese with a spicy sauce and it looked beautiful and was very delicious. Spy Global Cuisine & Lounge made the best sushi I have ever tasted.

DFW
“Awesome Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I got attracted to this place because I am a huge James Bond fan. The ambience and atmosphere was superb. The food and dining experience took it to an entirely new level. I have been to several restaurants in St. Augustine including Columbia Restaurant, Harry's, Pizza Alley, A1A Alehouse, O.C. White's and none is better than the Spy Global Cuisine & Lounge. For this type of service and dining experience they are very underpriced. I have gotten similiar service and dining pleasure at other places in other states and have easily paid 3 times more than what the bill came out to. I am blessed to have family that lives here and I will make it a point to visit this place each time I'm in town.

• Visited December 2012