“Didn't like” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you want to participate in a real paranormal investigation at one of the most haunted locations in Florida? Join us on any Friday or Saturday night as we conduct a Ghost Hunt at the authentic Old Jail of St. Augustine, Florida. The Old Jail is listed on the Florida and National Registry of Haunted Places, and has been featured on numerous TV shows, including Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Seekers.Built in 1891, this St. Augustine landmark was once home to the County's most vicious and violent criminals, the worst of whom were hanged at the gallows on the property. Now a museum, guests can come and learn of its past, its infamous residents, and its most famous Sheriff, Joe Perry, all during the comfort of daylight hours. But in the quiet of the night, the most daring of guests can join us on one of our Ghost Hunts inside this haunted building, where paranormal phenomena, from full-bodied apparitions to disembodied voices, have been seen and recorded.
Terre Haute, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
“Didn't like”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I love all the history of saint Augustine but when we went on the ghost ride, well I wasn't happy about it at all, if you like people taking something and make a joke out of it well you'll like it but we didn't at.all I wanted my money back all 58 dollers.

Lakeland, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Terrifying and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was very fun - the trolly ride was good, the host was funny and informative. I especially enjoyed the stop at the lighthouse and jail tour.

Visited January 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“I wouldn't bother going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I were able to get in free to the jail so we went. We were really happy that we did not have to pay. Some of the history was interesting but we did not like how corny it was. I just would prefer hearing the history of the place and skip the acting. We just did not enjoy the tour..There are plenty of more interesting things to do... I say if your limited on time.. skip the jail... but that is just our opinion.. lol...

Visited April 2012
melbourne
3 attraction reviews
“SO INTERESTING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited the Old Jail with a tour group and what a blast! Interesting stories and very interesting actors!!! I thought perhaps some of the younger children that were there might be frightened, but honestly they were entertained more than anything!!! Will go back again someday.

Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York
17 attraction reviews
“jail review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We didn’t go at night. There was a deputy that gave the tour. It was very authentic, there were the gallows, cells and the history.

Visited November 2012