“Excellent food and great service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe

Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe
165 Vilano Road, Now Located in Vilano Beach Section of St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, FL 32084
+1 904-471-5999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are currently accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Easter Sunday and Mother's Day Sunday.
Hudson, Florida
“Excellent food and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of the best Italian meals we've had since moving to Florida. It's a little off the beaten path, but it is well worth the trip. Our food was delicious and the service was fantastic. The owners are welcoming, friendly, genuinely nice people. We went on a Tuesday evening and did not experience the wait mentioned in the other reviews, so think about going on a weekday (even if we had the wait, the food would have been well worth it). I believe they also do lunch as another option. Fair warning, this is a very small restaurant, so if you plan on visiting on a weekend night, I would call ahead. I know we're looking forward to another visit the next time we are in St Augustine.

Saint Augustine, Florida
“A Little Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to Casa Benedetto's at least 8 times. I have brought many family and friends to experience this authentic Italian restaurant. The food is unbelievable. The desserts are to die for. The owners and staff are the friendliest people you will ever meet. This is by far my favorite restaurant. It is definitely worth your time to stop by and taste the culinary delights.

Palm Coast, Florida
“A bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I read all the great reviews about this place and went there with my family at evening. We were 5 people. We got salads, soups and bread which were nice. But we waited a long time (more than 30 min) until we got our entrees. When they come out, only 2 of us got their entrees. Their cannelloni was OK. We waited 15 minutes more to have all the other orders. One of us ordered salmon and a side of pasta with Vodka sauce. The salmon come out lately (after 45 min) but the pasta wasn't there. The scampi pasta came without any sauce, just a bowl of plain pasta and shrimps and the waitress told us before that this is her favorite dish and how rich is this scampi pasta. Unbelievable. I also did a fatal mistake and followed the waitress recommendation for gnocchi and ordered it. It was quite disgusting. When I returned it, I've asked the owner(?) if this is home-made gnocchi and he answered: Yes. But I believe they just prepare these ready bags of gnocchi in the supermarket and add sauce to it. I've tried them and they tasted the same as this one (disgusting). Of course, they changed it but now I was waiting again 15 minutes more. The salmon was returned too, and finally they brought a nice bowl of pasta with salmon and a very nice sauce. The one that got the scampi bowl with no sauce, got a marinara sauce. I got the cannelloni which was OK.
Sorry, but I couldn't enjoy this meal. And it was expensive.For such prices you expect for delicious food to be perfectly served. Very disappointing. Definitely will never return there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We are sorry that your experience at CasaBenedetto;s was not what you expected. It seems like you had a mixed view of some things you enjoyed and some you were not happy with. We did try to offer you other choices to make you satisfied but apparently we just could not please your group.
You did come on a busy SAturday evening which made the wait time a little more than usual, but thirty minutes is really not that long to prepare five different dishes to order.
We hope you will give us another try sometime.
Robyn & Jay
Hudson, Illinois, United States
“Well worth the drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I would give this place a 6 for the food and a 4 for the atmosphere. Several other reviewers have found the place to be quaint and charming, but it didn't strike us that way. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. This is farther south on A1A than most of the other popular spots in the St. Augustine Beach area, but is only 5 miles or so from the town of St. Augustine Beach and is well worth the few minutes it takes to get there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean, New Jersey
“Authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having been in the Italian food business for a number of years, I can assure you that Benedetto,s ia as good as any Italian food in the NYC-Philadelphia area. My wife and I enjoyed a very nice bottle of House Pinot Grigio along with our dinner. Barbara had their version of Brascile, which was different than the way we prepare it but equally as good. I indulged myself with their Tortellini Carbonara. Delicious. If you are looking for a quick meal don't come her, but if you enjoy taking your time and enjoying, dinner, this place is a must.

Bkrbiggi@gmail.com