“Authentic Italian in a Little Spanish Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe

Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe
165 Vilano Road, Now Located in Vilano Beach Section of St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, FL 32084
+1 904-471-5999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are currently accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Easter Sunday and Mother's Day Sunday.
CHARLESTOWN
“Authentic Italian in a Little Spanish Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The proud owners of this St. Augustine establishment are present. Both husband and wife cook and additional staff take their directions. All of them dedicated to your pleasure. The small A-frame house on A1A just south of Butler beach is unassuming, but clearly stands out as different.
This is Sicilian Food at its finest. The appetizer was a small dish of olive oil, garlic, crushed eggplant, capers and black olives served with oven fresh bread. I had a marsala and my dining partner had veal. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. Local fresh vegetables were rolled in herbs and sautéd in light oil. The pasta is home-made as is Grandma Betty's wonderful and savory red sauce. The portion was large and satisfying.
The ambience is country casual, with a fine touch of old world elegance. The decor is provincial Europe. It is a place to visit more than once because everything on the menu sounds delicious. The dishes that were coming out to other tables were all one better looking that the last. The owners and staff are personally dedicated to you having a great dining experience.
I can't wait to go back for dessert and coffee...The mean was too satisfying to even consider dessert.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Real Italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We heard about this place from Trip Advisor and had to go. The food was awesome but I will warn you this is not for those who want something like Olive Garden. This is REAL Italian. We ordered Calamari for an appetizer and it was great! We were also given bread and their homemade sauce (made with tomatoes sauce, eggplant, olives, etc) My boyfriend had the Chicken Parmesan and he loved it! i had the Chicken Marsala, it wasn't bad but sauce had too much wine taste for me. However, the dishes were huge and came with a salad and pasta with every meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This is definitely the place to go if you are visiting or just want a nice night out. It is a little small but we didn't mind as it was pretty quiet when we were there (this probably changes on Weekend Days). It is one of the "HIDDEN" treasures of St. Augustine.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Based on other reviews we decided to try it even thought they were a little out of the way for us. I am glad we did. The place looks a little funky and a little rundown from the outside but don't let that keep you away. The food is authentic and outstanding. We have eaten Italian food from New York to Venice and this ranks as some of the best ever. The portions were huge and the price was a bargain. It was obvious that everything was homemade to order and that the cook has done this for a long time. She came out after our meal and to chat and make sure we enjoyed. This family-run restaurant is a must. We can't wait to go back.

Destin, Florida
“Incredible lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places you are happy to go to regularly. Wonderful folks make you feel like home. Lunch is best time to go

Orlando, Florida
“I can't say enough good things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Craving Italian food while here in St. Augustine earlier this evening, my husband and I decided to try Casa Benedetto's based on the reviews here. It's pretty far down on A1A, in fact right around the time we were wondering if we had missed it earlier and were going to turn around, we found it. It's a large pink building that looks like it's all roof and used to be a house. The inside is cozy and cute, total shabby chic with antique bottles, books, pictures, side tables, lamps, etc. I would estimate that the dining room would seat 25-30 people, so it's small, but you won't feel like it is - we were there at a very busy time with five or six parties eating, and we never once felt crowded. When the sun goes down, the inside looks like you're eating dinner by candlelight at home. We were greeted by a very nice man (the owner possibly?) when we walked in and were seated. Our server (a tall, pretty woman with curly dark hair) was very friendly and made sure we had all our questions answered. We were brought fresh bread with garlic butter and a relish on the side (I'm not sure everything in it, but it definitely had capers, eggplant, onions, and tomato) that was absolutely delicious. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms to start; they are completely vegetarian, and full of flavor (I tasted a lot of oregano, which is my favorite). I had the eggplant rollotini and my husband chose fettuccine Alfredo. My dish consisted of two very large pieces of eggplant that had been lightly fried and stuffed with ricotta cheese, then covered with marinara sauce and baked. I order eggplant rollotini every single time I see it on the menu at any Italian restaurant I've ever been to - it's my favorite dish. This eggplant rollotini is, I would say, the best eggplant rollotini I have ever tried anywhere. There wasn't even a hint of bitterness in the eggplant - the pieces were very lightly fried with a very thin breading that did not overpower the eggplant but instead enhanced it. The ricotta was full of herbs and flavor, and the marinara was fresh. My only regret is that I was only able to finish half of it. My husband's fettuccine Alfredo was wonderful, very creamy and a good Parmesan flavor, even seemed as if there might be a hint of lemon in the sauce but perhaps it was just me. The fettuccine noodles were thick and al dente, and they held the sauce very well. He was also only able to eat half of his meal. There was so much food!

Unfortunately, we were too full to try their desserts, but hopefully on a future trip we can. We will most assuredly be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere