“Unexceptional Property with Exceptional Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Unexceptional Property with Exceptional Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Room was pretty standard but was clean and comfortable. Reliable and easy-to-access WiFi. Pool and Jacuzzi were wonderful. Hot breakfast offered although it consisted of powdered eggs, frozen biscuits, and pre-packaged sausage gravy. The pork sausage patties were pretty good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Venice FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a trip to St. Augustine last summer. Instead of paying the price for a hotel downtown, we paid significantly less and stayed here at the Fairfield. The drive into downtown was easy and we were able to to find affordable parking at one of the many lots in the historic district. The rooms were new and clean. Ours was a bit smaller than expected was fine for our purposes. The internet was fast and met our needs. Breakfast was as expected and overall, everything was great. I would definitely stay here again in the future if we return for another trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a newer property and nicer than many Fairfields. I stayed with points, so not sure of the cost, but would be a great place for a family.
They have old school doors that could be opened for adjoining rooms. Not sure if this was the culprit, but I could hear every word from the room next door.
We had a 2 double bed room. Great service at the front desk. They were welcoming, had maps and lots of suggestions. Our room had no soap or shampoo, but they showed up with supplies and an apology 5 minutes after I called. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean.
The free breakfast was ok.
The location is pretty good, on the same road as the premium outlets, 2 miles from the regular outlets and 30 minutes from the beach.
I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Archbald, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Even though this hotel appears to be new on the outside - and the rooms appear new as well - it seems that they need some help managing inside. Front desk service was excellent and the restaurant that the young man directed us to (Cucina Giovanni's - see separate review) was great.
However - the inside needs to be better cleaned. the interior of the elevator had paper pieces on the floor. The breakfast area trash cans were full at 6:40AM (breakfast started at 6:30 and there appeared to be only 1 person eating). It looked as though they hadn't been emptied the night before. Breakfast staff was still cooking something in the microwave and there was no "water" pitcher out. She gave me a bottle when I asked about that since I needed some to take meds.. I think we'll stay elsewhere next visit to that area. It's the little things, I guess.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review of my property. I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I was made aware of the situation with breakfast during your stay and these issues have been addressed.

Although we do have a water pitcher that we usually put out for our Guests, we always keep bottled water on hand as we typically have more requests for bottled water. I'm sorry they didn't have it out when you arrived at breakfast. As far as the cleanliness issues, I can assure you that this is not something that is a standard for my property.

Again, I thank you for your review of my property. I share all property reviews with my team (both the good and the bad) and use them as a training tool to better serve our Guests.

Lindsey Davis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel itself is clean and functional. Breakfast included. Laundry facilities on site. The best feature though is the heated pool! It was a chilly evening when we arrived but the kids dove into the pool right away and so did we! I haven't been to any hotel or motel with such a comfortable pool temp and I've traveled my fair share. The outlets are a 2 min drive away for those inclined that way. Wonderful experience over all.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool area is nice.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I hate to end our family vacation on such a sour note but after an entire week of traveling and similar priced hotels, this was the worst! Check in, transactional. Get to room, stains on comforter and dirty bathtub. I called down and was told they could move us to another room. I went down got a new key, moved everyone down the hall only to find some cleaning opportunities. These are "aging" issues, they're more about details. The second room has what seem like a rag that was petrified stuck on shower rod. Finally like other reviews, the lack of quality in building this hotel must have been compromised as well. My sleep was interrupted with the hallow walls in which I even heard our neighbors wake call. I to heard curtains being drawn, voices from both rooms beside us and above. All I can do next time is just keep on driving up the 95 and would strongly suggest you do the same.

• Stayed March 2013
I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our property. I can understand how frustrating your experience had been. The cleanliness issues as I had stated in a previous review have been addressed and are something I take very seriously. I appreciate you bringing your stay to my attention. I did share your experience with my entire team (housekeeping, front desk, and engineering).

I would also like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced. I understand completely how not having a good night's rest can ruin your entire trip. If there is anything else I can do please feel free to contact me directly. I believe we had already discussed via email but, I appreciate any and all feedback from my Guests.

Lindsey Davis
ldavis@shanercorp.com
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We chose the breakfast package for a quick Presidents Day weekend trip to St. Augustine with our kids. Breakfast in the morning was delicious! They have Starbucks products in their cafe and free house coffee as well.
This property is approximately 10-15 minutes from the main parking facility in downtown St. Augustine.
Our room was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!