“The Best Service Ever!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
michigan
“The Best Service Ever!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Inn for 8 wonderful days. The staff was the best, and the breakfast bar was well serviced with a great selection. The staff went out of their way to help us. My son brought his Playstation 3 on the trip and was in distressed when he could not use his chat system. He had to be in one online competition, and mom planned a vacation. We called the front desk, and they sent up a wonderful man name John, who programed the TV via computer, and my son was up and running. This may son unimportant, but this was important to my son, and allowed us to enjoy the rest of our vacation. The point is service. They provided service that was beyond their responsibility every day that we were their. Helping customers find what they need because some people not computer savvy and are unable to find attractions online. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Fairfield Inns are pretty standard, but this one was exceptional -- entirely because of its really great staff. I was there for 2 weeks on business, but immediately on checking in I was able to upgrade from a regular room to a suite, without any additional charge (and on a AAA rate). The room was exceptional -- large, well appointed, VERY clean, and comfortable. OK, the refrig was kind of dinky, but that really isn't a big deal. The bathroom was also clean, towels plentiful. Everything was well lit, there were plenty of electrical plugs so I didn't have to crawl around looking for them.

Breakfast was the standard, but what made it a joy was the hostess. She was fun and funny. Always attentive, ensuring that everything was well stocked.

Housekeeping was equally great -- I was in my room working on the computer several times and they were always courteous, efficient, and friendly. No one was sullen or behaved as though they hated their job.

Also had to get a one-day extension on my staff. The front desk had trouble getting the computer to cooperate and give me my rate -- it wanted to increase the rate by $10. Not a big deal, but the young lady worked on it until she got my rate. She could have just said there would be an increase -- but she didn't.

It's stays like this that make be glad I stayed at a hotel -- I really can't recommend this hotel strongly enough.

Room Tip: I'd ask about an upgrade!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed your experience at the property! Yes, we do offer upgrades when we have them available!

It seems to me aside from the upgrade what really made your stay (and correct me if I'm wrong) but, the associates you had contact with. You have no idea how pleased I am to hear that your experience with EVERYONE you encountered was a positive one!

I will definitely be sharing your comments with Joyce in the breakfast! She is a riot and we are so happy to have her on our team!

Thank you again for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The room was spotless. No odors. Very spacious. Plenty of room for our baby bed and our oldest loved the sofa bed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

this hotel is clean, clean, clean - and the staff is warm & friendly. The breakfast area is always well stocked and clean, and the pool area is wonderful. the only drawback is the cable TV - very limited channels for a hotel this size. We were there for 2 wks on business, but saw a nice combination of other business travelers, small tour groups, and vactioning families. Other hotels may choke with this amount of business - but the staff here remained calm & helpful - especially Joyce at the breakfast area!

Room Tip: rear center rooms overlook pool and lights
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I can understand how the limited amount of television channels can be frustrating and I apologize for the inconvenience. Currently we are looking into some other channel options for the property.

I also appreciate you taking notice of how my team handled themselves with the volume and type of Guests in the hotel. This means a lot to me because it says to me that not only they have absorbed their training but also that they are using it and they are displaying it to all of our travelers!

Thank you for your positive comments and I really do hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

What a phenomenal hotel! The location is only a few miles away from the historic district (just far enough!) and right next to a huge outlet mall. Just walking in for the first time, the colorful and clean lobby grabs your attention.

The room was immaculate and comfortable, so much more than I was expecting (I love when that happens!) There was tea & coffee available upon arrival too. The staff was friendly and the place was quiet!

Free wi-fi and continental breakfast, free ample parking, pool, hot tub, also a trolley stop for those who may not have a car! This is my new "go to" spot for St. Augustine visits in the future! What a beautiful king room, 2 flat panel TVs, a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and PANTENE conditioner and shampoo! I didn't want to leave either because the decor was just so modern, crisp, and catchy.

This hotel is packed full of amenities. The lobby has a business area with printer and a computer, a small pantry/market area with microwaveable food and drinks.

It's worth the money for sure, a lot of the hotels around in the area are dingy looking or in spots with no good parking so if you are unsure and booking somewhere else, call and ask.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel and staff! We really pride ourselves on our Guest Services, cleanliness and staff contact! I apoligize for the tricky entrance situation! Unfortunately, at this point I have not been given an option on the U-Turn to get into the parking lot. Regardlesss, I am ecstatic to see that is the only downside to your stunning review of our property!
Keep in mind the next time you stay with us if there is an amenity that you would need that is not in your room, just ask! We do have lotion at the front desk, we also have a "tot's travel too" program for those who are traveling with little ones that includes, dish soap for bottles, a bath toy, baby shampoo, lotion, etc. We want all of our traveler's to feel comfortable during their stay...regardless of age!
We are also implementing some "holiday Treats" so if you are in the area for Nights of Lights in St. Augustine, Please come back and see us!

Phoenix AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Hotel lobby and rooms very clean and spacious. Breakfast had many fresh selections. Staff was extremely polite, friendly and there at a moments notice to assist with anything. Congrats to the management you have a fabulous staff!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback in regards to the staff! I'm so proud of every single person that works at the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine! We all work together to run a tight ship so that we can offer only the BEST service to all of our Guests!

I am going to share your compliments with my staff at our stand up meeting so that everyone knows that they have delivered, once again, on their Guest Promises!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The staff at this hotel were incredibly nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and breakfast area was always well stocked.

The location of the hotel is away from the downtown area of St. Augustine, but not too far of a drive. If you want to shop, the hotel is really close to the outlet malls.

It is a little difficult to get into the parking lot of the hotel -- you have to make a u-turn on a 4 lane road, but if you have a large vehicle, you won't be able to make the turn. Once you get into the lot, there is plenty of parking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you!!!! It's great to see so many positive comments about the property but, also about the staff! I can't tell you how awesome it is to come to tripadvisor.com and have "Nicest Staff Ever" at the top of the page! This property is nothing more than the sum of it's parts! We take pride in our staff, their training, and our building overall. What we get back is a sense of pride that earns us, "THE GREATEST GUESTS EVER!" I will share your comments with my team as well and again, Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine! Come back and see us!

GM

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95? Share your experiences!